YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Attendance reality

<< < (4/8) > >>

guinpen:
I still recall the first game of 92, expected a full house coming off the championship, even went to the game early. Plenty of room, bummed

nova75:
There are plenty of 1aa schools that would like to have the disappointment of only drawing 10,000 fans.

go guins:

--- Quote from: nova75 on October 19, 2019, 10:18:42 AM ---There are plenty of 1aa schools that would like to have the disappointment of only drawing 10,000 fans.

--- End quote ---
Good grief, look at the stands on Saturday.  SIU looked like maybe 2,000? 

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 21, 2019, 09:43:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: nova75 on October 19, 2019, 10:18:42 AM ---There are plenty of 1aa schools that would like to have the disappointment of only drawing 10,000 fans.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

For the record my main focus was to point out that some folks felt that our low numbers were due to "weak" schools on the schedule. Reality does not prove that to be true.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 21, 2019, 09:43:23 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
And that was their homecoming.....with that kind of support, their team was all fire up. We had 15000 at our homecoming, we didn't show any intensity. We can't really blame our fans.
As I posted earlier, I will not renew my season ticket next year. I am one of a few faculty members truly support the program. Not only they put the inferior product on the field, they also stopped picking us old folks at the M1 parking deck this year. If that wasn't enough, at the homecoming game, without any notice, they wanted to charge faculty parking fee even though we have a parking pass (that has never happened before) They were told that I was going to my office before the game. They said I would be given a parking ticket. I informed them I would talk to Tressel personally if I was issued a parking ticket for going to work in my office. (For the record, we had an on campus concert a few weeks ago, email was sent out to inform us that faculty parking would be allowed only in the M1 parking deck..... For homecoming, without any notice, faculty would have to pay at any parking lots...... Way to go, charged parking for all the friends and families for coming back to campus for homecoming.
As I said, I  AM Done.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version