YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

UNI Week

(1/4) > >>

The YO Show:
Game week against UNI! I am more optimistic about this week now, despite the fact that we have a terrible record playing in the Dome and UNI is always a tough team.

Hope we get a solid win to start the conference play off right. Will go a long way considering next week is South Dakota State at home already!

ytownchief22:
House of horrors. Let's hope we can break the streak!

Wick250:
I would never predict a win inside that stupid gym! 

That said, there are a few factors that might work in our favor.

After their strong performance against Iowa State, UNI has played three straight Big Sky teams: a bad one, a decent one, and a good one.  They have struggled offensively against a conference that has no reputation for strong, physical defense.

They are using a redshirt freshman quarterback who is a dual threat and does most of his passing damage once he escapes the pocket. Our experience with a similar quarterback from Howard should help.

Supposedly, their offensive line is struggling.  Much will depend upon our defensive front controlling the line of scrimmage.

On the other hand, this will be the first good, physical defense that we face.  Can we force them to overload the box?  Can we complete passes if they do?

I really like the fact that we are rated rather low and that our victory over Samford is not valued.  Play well and twenty years of frustration might end.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 30, 2019, 10:31:23 PM ---I would never predict a win inside that stupid gym! 

That said, there are a few factors that might work in our favor.

After their strong performance against Iowa State, UNI has played three straight Big Sky teams: a bad one, a decent one, and a good one.  They have struggled offensively against a conference that has no reputation for strong, physical defense.

They are using a redshirt freshman quarterback who is a dual threat and does most of his passing damage once he escapes the pocket. Our experience with a similar quarterback from Howard should help.

Supposedly, their offensive line is struggling.  Much will depend upon our defensive front controlling the line of scrimmage.

On the other hand, this will be the first good, physical defense that we face.  Can we force them to overload the box?  Can we complete passes if they do?

I really like the fact that we are rated rather low and that our victory over Samford is not valued.  Play well and twenty years of frustration might end.

--- End quote ---

Funny Samford is #2 in their conference in the power rankings now. Just beat the Citadel who beat ACC Ga. Tech. Any Given Saturday I say  ::)

ytownchief22:
DEFENSE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version