YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

No more Blind Center and Jerry's kids,, let the party begin!

<< < (2/4) > >>

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 30, 2019, 11:09:16 AM ---Not sure exactly what "game management" is, but this game, like almost all football games, comes down to blocking, tackling, and turnovers.  That's why Mays concerns me, every game he seems to chuck up some bizarre pass that he has no idea where it is going.  Cost us a FG against RMU, could cost us a game against UNI.

--- End quote ---

Game management is pretty much what you said without listing it all.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 30, 2019, 01:11:42 PM ---There is no question that Mays has had a couple passes float-up and he has also led too much on a couple of occasions, but are we talking abut the same Craycraft? He has not demonstrated to me that he has the arm (or vision) of Mays in any way. Offense is stagnant. His advantage is that he is a bit more "shifty" on his feet; while Mays takes more deliberate, longer strides. I want to see what Connor can do in a game situation. He just ran the clock out Saturday. He always looks good in practice, he is 6'7' and he has a nice resume. I am not sure that we will have any chance to get him in though

--- End quote ---
Craycraft's completion percentage is higher and his interception rate is infinitely lower.  Mays yards per carry is higher.  As normal when talking about Mays, your observations are pretty much just the opposite of the facts.  At this point in his career, it is clear Mays is the better "field general" (don't hear that much any more) but Joe is clearly the better passer.  IMO, we can far more easily make improvements in Craycraft's presence on the field than we can in Nathan's passing.  He's a 5 year senior and as even you point out, throws floaters and wild leads.
Conner?!?!?!?  Waid is the future!

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 01, 2019, 08:50:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 30, 2019, 01:11:42 PM ---There is no question that Mays has had a couple passes float-up and he has also led too much on a couple of occasions, but are we talking abut the same Craycraft? He has not demonstrated to me that he has the arm (or vision) of Mays in any way. Offense is stagnant. His advantage is that he is a bit more "shifty" on his feet; while Mays takes more deliberate, longer strides. I want to see what Connor can do in a game situation. He just ran the clock out Saturday. He always looks good in practice, he is 6'7' and he has a nice resume. I am not sure that we will have any chance to get him in though

--- End quote ---
Craycraft's completion percentage is higher and his interception rate is infinitely lower.  Mays yards per carry is higher.  As normal when talking about Mays, your observations are pretty much just the opposite of the facts.  At this point in his career, it is clear Mays is the better "field general" (don't hear that much any more) but Joe is clearly the better passer.  IMO, we can far more easily make improvements in Craycraft's presence on the field than we can in Nathan's passing.  He's a 5 year senior and as even you point out, throws floaters and wild leads.
Conner?!?!?!?  Waid is the future!

--- End quote ---

We'll see Saturday! Waid might be now,,, just saying.

IAA Fan:
You have to admit that the offense is stagnate under the direction of Craycraft. I am not saying that he doesn't have it in him, I have just yet to see it. As to Waid, he is given the ball not once, but twice on practically the goal line, then he is given 4 chances to make a TD? Of course anyone that watched the scoreboard this past week saw why. Nice little advertisement for Thom Dumas Jewelers.

Mays pass to Braswell (?) was just a thing of beauty this past week.

#7 Mays, Nathan  Comp-Att-Int  Pct  Yards  TD  Long  Sack-Yds  Effic  Samford  10-18-0  55.6  124  2  31  1-9  150.09  Howard  8-14-1  57.1  182  2  38  0-0  199.20  Duquesne  8-11-0  72.7  131  0  58  0-0  172.76  Robert Morris  9-14-1  64.3  106  1  25  0-0  137.17  TOTALS  35-57-2  61.4  543  5  58  1-9  163.35  #5 Craycraft, Joe  Comp-Att-Int  Pct  Yards  TD  Long  Sack-Yds  Effic  Samford  3-3-0  100.0  35  0  14  0-0  198.00  Howard  1-4-0  25.0  4  0  4  0-0  33.40  Duquesne  1-1-0  100.0  31  1  31  1-9  690.40  Robert Morris  4-6-0  66.7  31  0  12  0-0  110.07  TOTALS  9-14-0  64.3  101  1  31  1-9  148.46  #81 Emans, Ryan  Comp-Att-Int  Pct  Yards  TD  Long  Sack-Yds  Effic  Duquesne  1-1-0  100.0  18  0  18  0-0  251.20  TOTALS  1-1-0  100.0  18  0  18  0-0  251.20 

Against Samford Craycraft threw 3 passes into space and all 3 were stopped.  I understand he is young. Against Howard he was 1 of 4. 

Hey I do not like May's INT's either, but he threw a total of 2 INTs in 4 games, The first one was a "catchable" ball. He also has a QB-rating of 163

How can you even compare these two stats and say that Craycraft is superior in any way? Conference ball will mean Mays has to increase his game, let's hope he does just that and we have enough leads to put in a backup and not a "need" to put in a backup.

go guins:
I can say I like Craycraft better because I watch the game and see his ball vs. "Floater" Mays.
I know you love Mays, but he throws too may lame ducks to win consistently in the MVFC.  He'll lake himself out with an ill-advised dive for an extra yard, after a 6 yard gain on a 3rd and 10 and we'll see Joe settle in. Battle comes next fall between Craycraft and Mays for the #1 spot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version