YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

No more Blind Center and Jerry's kids,, let the party begin!

(1/4) > >>

ysubigred:
WOW! it is finally here the MVFC games and to start it off on the road in the big gym of horrors known as the UNI dome.

YSU needs this one! UNI is good but has flaws like we do so it will come down to game management.

GooooooooooooGuins!

go guins:
Not sure exactly what "game management" is, but this game, like almost all football games, comes down to blocking, tackling, and turnovers.  That's why Mays concerns me, every game he seems to chuck up some bizarre pass that he has no idea where it is going.  Cost us a FG against RMU, could cost us a game against UNI.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 30, 2019, 11:09:16 AM ---Not sure exactly what "game management" is, but this game, like almost all football games, comes down to blocking, tackling, and turnovers.  That's why Mays concerns me, every game he seems to chuck up some bizarre pass that he has no idea where it is going.  Cost us a FG against RMU, could cost us a game against UNI.

--- End quote ---
Yes, Mays' passing game (or lack off) really concerns me. On the INT that he threw,  I am not sure what he was looking at. The other long passes were also way off target. Coach might have to devise a game plan to have him throw more to the backs or TEs. Hopefully, we could get into the red zone enough times that he did not have to throw long passes down field to score.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Double ET on September 30, 2019, 11:25:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on September 30, 2019, 11:09:16 AM ---Not sure exactly what "game management" is, but this game, like almost all football games, comes down to blocking, tackling, and turnovers.  That's why Mays concerns me, every game he seems to chuck up some bizarre pass that he has no idea where it is going.  Cost us a FG against RMU, could cost us a game against UNI.

--- End quote ---
Yes, Mays' passing game (or lack off) really concerns me. On the INT that he threw,  I am not sure what he was looking at. The other long passes were also way off target. Coach might have to devise a game plan to have him throw more to the backs or TEs. Hopefully, we could get into the red zone enough times that he did not have to throw long passes down field to score.

--- End quote ---
No, setting up a game plan to cover for a players failings usually doesn't work. Look at Baltimore yesterday, Jackson can't throw deep, so the go short and try to run and not much.  It took a garbage time TD to get to 20.  Even with 3 of 4 DBs out we shut them down.  What we need is to do what Bo IS doing, work Craycraft into the game every week so he is ready to take over.  You can't beat NDSU, SDSU UNI and ISU  if you can't throw.

IAA Fan:
There is no question that Mays has had a couple passes float-up and he has also led too much on a couple of occasions, but are we talking abut the same Craycraft? He has not demonstrated to me that he has the arm (or vision) of Mays in any way. Offense is stagnant. His advantage is that he is a bit more "shifty" on his feet; while Mays takes more deliberate, longer strides. I want to see what Connor can do in a game situation. He just ran the clock out Saturday. He always looks good in practice, he is 6'7' and he has a nice resume. I am not sure that we will have any chance to get him in though

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version