Author Topic: Other scores of interest  (Read 3545 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Other scores of interest
« on: September 29, 2019, 07:50:26 AM »
Delaware 14, Pitt 17
Samford 61, Citadel 55 (4OT)
Villanova 33, Maine 17 (Nova is 5-0)
UNI 17, Weber State 29

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Other scores of interest
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 06:08:06 PM »
Samford has a good chance of either winning the weak Southern Conference or at least finishing no worse than third.  Either way that is good.  That becomes a quality win for us (seriously people, don't laugh.)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 09:19:38 AM »
Samford has a good chance of either winning the weak Southern Conference or at least finishing no worse than third.  Either way that is good.  That becomes a quality win for us (seriously people, don't laugh.)
Agreed.  I thought that night it was going to be a bigger win as the season went along.  Too back we can't play other conference winners in the early season, rather that lose to FBS teams for the money.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 09:27:58 AM »
Agreed.  I thought that night it was going to be a bigger win as the season went along.  Too back we can't play other conference winners in the early season, rather that lose to FBS teams for the money.

As I have mentioned before; I would love to see all Inter-divisional games banned, but I do not think the NCAA can come up with another way to compensate the FCS clubs. That being said, if we have an FBS opponent on the schedule, we should not have a quality non-conference match-up on the schedule. We cannot take the risk.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 09:41:01 AM »

As I have mentioned before; I would love to see all Inter-divisional games banned, but I do not think the NCAA can come up with another way to compensate the FCS clubs. That being said, if we have an FBS opponent on the schedule, we should not have a quality non-conference match-up on the schedule. We cannot take the risk.
I agree, we should do one or the other, not both.  One way to address this mess is not count the inter-divisional games in the records.  Say we play a FBS team and a D-II team and split.  The we play 10 FCS teams even. Our record is 5-5  We can cash or check, the D-II team can cash theirs, and we play for the playoffs based on FCS competition. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!