YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bobby Morris

<< < (2/10) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 16, 2019, 03:10:53 PM ---This should be another scrimmage in which we work on our obvious flaws.  Most importantly, few or no penalties must be the ultimate goal on the 28th.

Where does Waid fit in right now?  He now has three games left before he loses his freshman eligibility.  If the coaches intend to burn his redshirt, he should play the entire second half against RMU so he can demonstrate his passing ability. 

I agree that targeting is now making a mockery out of traditional football.  It started with good enough intentions.  For example, preventing an exposed receiver from getting destroyed AFTER the ball had clearly passed over him.  Or "spearing" a runner after he was on the ground.  It has morphed into a monster that causes defensive players to think too much and react too little.

--- End quote ---

This is analagous to gun control.  Both are slipper slopes.  Targeting is just much further ahead.

IAA Fan:
I would only agree with using Waid over Craycraft if you have decided that Waid is now #2; otherwise you need Craycraft to take as many snaps as possible. Do not look to what might be down the road; I am talking about who comes in if Mays has to come out for a series. I do not thing Waid is your answer, so you cannot let him play for the half...this has the be Craycraft..

ytownchief22:
Hate that we have 2 bye weeks in the first couple weeks of the year. Really stinks not having one for conference play. This should be another easy win.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 16, 2019, 05:25:12 PM ---I would only agree with using Waid over Craycraft if you have decided that Waid is now #2; otherwise you need Craycraft to take as many snaps as possible. Do not look to what might be down the road; I am talking about who comes in if Mays has to come out for a series. I do not thing Waid is your answer, so you cannot let him play for the half...this has the be Craycraft..

--- End quote ---

How many games can you play in and still keep your red shirt, 3-4? I hope that they were just letting Waid get his feet wet in a game we had a great chance of winning. Would not be surprised to see him against Robert but after that only if really needed.

ytownchief22:
You can play in 4 and keep your redshirt. Mark will see plenty of time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version