YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bobby Morris

<< < (8/10) > >>

IAA Fan:
Wenzt may have had tryouts, but I do not see him getting drafted. Are you going to tell me that Wentz was a better QB than Brock Jensen? Brock was an undrafted free-agent that eventually landed in the CFL & he was perhaps the best QB in recent I-AA/FCS history. I think YSU gave Brock his only 2 regular season I-AA losses.

The Eagles back-up proved to be a superior QB (to Wentz) last year. He was loaded with those intangibles that overcame shortcomings elsewhere on the roster. However, the team is built around Carson. The Eagles did the exact same thing with Ron Jaworski. "Jaws" was probably the first franchise QB.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 27, 2019, 12:44:32 PM ---Wenzt may have had tryouts, but I do not see him getting drafted. Are you going to tell me that Wentz was a better QB than Brock Jensen? Brock was an undrafted free-agent that eventually landed in the CFL & he was perhaps the best QB in recent I-AA/FCS history. I think YSU gave Brock his only 2 regular season I-AA losses.

The Eagles back-up proved to be a superior QB (to Wentz) last year. He was loaded with those intangibles that overcame shortcomings elsewhere on the roster. However, the team is built around Carson. The Eagles did the exact same thing with Ron Jaworski. "Jaws" was probably the first franchise QB.

--- End quote ---

College success does not translate to pro success. Wentz was obviously a better pro prospect, he had Next level size, arm strength and athleticism, and has been successful in the NFL.

I don’t know what argument you’re trying to make but Jensen is not a better professional QB then Wentz.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on September 27, 2019, 12:52:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 27, 2019, 12:44:32 PM ---Wenzt may have had tryouts, but I do not see him getting drafted. Are you going to tell me that Wentz was a better QB than Brock Jensen? Brock was an undrafted free-agent that eventually landed in the CFL & he was perhaps the best QB in recent I-AA/FCS history. I think YSU gave Brock his only 2 regular season I-AA losses.

--- End quote ---

College success does not translate to pro success. Wentz was obviously a better pro prospect, he had Next level size, arm strength and athleticism, and has been successful in the NFL.

I don’t know what argument you’re trying to make but Jensen is not a better professional QB then Wentz.

--- End quote ---

I believe statically the best QB the golden buffaloes had is Easton Stick. Replaced Wentz when he got hurt. I don't remember him going to the NFL this year. Bottom line NDSU has had a terrific run with QB's something YSU has never had  :-X

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on September 27, 2019, 01:28:11 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I believe statically the best QB the golden buffaloes had is Easton Stick. Replaced Wentz when he got hurt. I don't remember him going to the NFL this year. Bottom line NDSU has had a terrific run with QB's something YSU has never had  :-X

--- End quote ---

Stick was the 5th round pick of the Chargers. 3rd on the depth chart currently.

I watched a bit of their game against UC Davis. Their new QB looks like he will be a good one also, big shock I know.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on September 27, 2019, 01:43:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on September 27, 2019, 01:28:11 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Stick was the 5th round pick of the Chargers. 3rd on the depth chart currently.

I watched a bit of their game against UC Davis. Their new QB looks like he will be a good one also, big shock I know.

--- End quote ---

NDSU is QB U LOL!!

Are you guys back at the TG lot/games since the other side opened back up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version