YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bobby Morris

(1/10) > >>

ysubigred:
OK there is two weeks to break this down.

For the folks on here who like to go off of what happened in the past:

1. RMU put a huge scare into Dayton. 34-31

2. Dayton beat ISU (b).

3. ISU (b) better than YSU by the polls and pre-season experts.

4. Bobby Morris for the upset?!?!

Discuss  fb

Double ET:
We should not have any problems with Bobby Morris UNLESS WE GOT THE SAME REPS FROM OUR LAST GAME.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Double ET on September 16, 2019, 09:46:43 AM ---We should not have any problems with Bobby Morris UNLESS WE GOT THE SAME REPS FROM OUR LAST GAME.

--- End quote ---

I had RMU as the worst of the 4 team OOC we face. Ref's are taking over and changing games. I was in Lexington and watched the refs single handily change the out come  of the UK FL game with targeting calls. It's not fair to the defense looks to me D players hurting themselves trying to pull up not to get a call against them  :'(

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on September 16, 2019, 09:50:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on September 16, 2019, 09:46:43 AM ---We should not have any problems with Bobby Morris UNLESS WE GOT THE SAME REPS FROM OUR LAST GAME.

--- End quote ---

I had RMU as the worst of the 4 team OOC we face. Ref's are taking over and changing games. I was in Lexington and watched the refs single handily change the out come  of the UK FL game with targeting calls. It's not fair to the defense looks to me D players hurting themselves trying to pull up not to get a call against them  :'(

--- End quote ---

I am not a lawyer. To me, the word "targeting" requires intent. Otherwise, it is an incidental contact.
I have seen so many incidents where the defensive player tried to avoid helmet contact by tackling the defensive player in the midsection and wounded up creating helmet to helmet contact when the defensive player lowered his head at the last second.

To me, it seems like they should look at the entire sequence leading up to the hit and not just look at the result, the helmet to helmet contact.

I know.... NCAA wants the refs to enforce the rules and not to interpret or re-write them (I guess, that is up to the supreme court refs or progressive refs).

Wick250:
This should be another scrimmage in which we work on our obvious flaws.  Most importantly, few or no penalties must be the ultimate goal on the 28th.

Where does Waid fit in right now?  He now has three games left before he loses his freshman eligibility.  If the coaches intend to burn his redshirt, he should play the entire second half against RMU so he can demonstrate his passing ability. 

I agree that targeting is now making a mockery out of traditional football.  It started with good enough intentions.  For example, preventing an exposed receiver from getting destroyed AFTER the ball had clearly passed over him.  Or "spearing" a runner after he was on the ground.  It has morphed into a monster that causes defensive players to think too much and react too little.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version