YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Duquesne Week

<< < (7/9) > >>

goodnews:
How many more interviews is Hannon gonna ask the same question to President Tressel:  Do you think the MVFC is the best conference in our division?  I think its been validated.  The real question is how is YSU gonna compete year in and out?  We have the facilities and support.

ytownchief22:
Glad to get the win but lots to clean up.

Wick250:
OK, more good than bad this week.  We have three weeks to seek remedies for flaws that are obvious and need not be repeated.

I wonder if the voters in that STATS poll will place us above Duquesne this week?

I wonder if Joe Simon, the Tribune sportwriter who now appears in the new Vindicator, will start to understand the distinctions between the top and bottom of the FCS hierarchy?  He predicted a close game with us winning, 28-24.

It was helpful that Duquesne could actually tackle somebody when they placed 8 men in the box.  Samford and Howard certainly could not.  That forced us to try other things today.  It was the equivalent of a good scrimmage.

penguinpower:
The pussification of football as we know it.  This is the worst targeting call I have ever seen.  This is how millennials are pussifiying football.  They needed to throw a penalty on the tackle for sucking so bad and instead that penalized the talent.  These Referees are Pieces of sh** and someone needs to report them to the league office.  Bastards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCbOxR5Mf3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmUsnEyUsTk

Double ET:
Penalty kept the Dukes in the game. The so call phantom targeting call, instead of 1st &10 for us at their 20, it wounded up 1st & 10 for them at our 35. It costed us a whooping 45 yards plus the posesion of the ball. After reviewing the YouTube replay, I could not how that call could be made.
I didn't see it in the game and I still don't see it now. How could these refs hold on to their job? These guys were so incompetent. It was even worse since the call was not made during the play. It was called when they reviewed the fumble by their qb.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version