YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Handicap parking

<< < (2/6) > >>

pen4life:
Spoke with a variety of university officials and no one seems to know nuthin. Admin says it's decision of events who say it's the athletic dept who in turn passes the buck to parking services. Nobody is willing to  seriously address this problem. Come on president Tressel this is no way to treat the handicapped and elderly. We are some of the teams most loyal supporters and we are being treated like dirt. It was us who were there when Dick Adipotti and the team faced Southern Connecticut, we were there when Denny Klembera faced Rodger  Staubach and now we can't get into the stadium.

go guins:
Unless I'm missing something, this situation is simply WRONG and YSU should step up IMMEDIATELY to remedy.  I mean JT, the trustees, parking services, the AD and his department.  This isn't for "somebody" to fix, it's for EVERYBODY involved to fix, and NOW.  I't Wed. and there is a game Saturday.  If there isn't concrete action by them, heads should roll!

pen4life:
Sitting at home watching game on TV. My wife’s and my season tickets are sitting on the dining room table. My condition is acting up today and I would never have been able to walk the 1/2 mile uphill from the “handicap “ parking the University so graciously provided us. Good game so far, would liked to have been there but YSU does not seem interested in the attendance of handicapped or elderly. Go Guins !

Wick250:
I went out of my way to walk through that new "tailgate" lot about fifteen minutes before kickoff.  There were two small tents erected and plenty of spaces available.  Meanwhile, pen4life sits at home.  This is an abomination.

So handicapped people should park in the Wick deck and take the shuttle.  Oh, the shuttle that loads in front of the art museum off Wick Avenue.  To reach that destination from the Wick deck, a person with mobility issues has two choices: park on level two and walk uphill a reasonably long distance up the entrance drive and then more yards to the front of the museum.  Or park on level three, take a bridge at the back of the museum, and then climb two steep stairways to the bus loading area.  Do you think that these idiots could have that shuttle pick up patrons at the Walnut entrance, so that handicapped folks could park on the bottom level and reach the shuttle after a brief, LEVEL walk?  NO, that would require a degree of intelligence beyond the capabilities of this so-called staff.

IAA Fan:
It seems like all we need to do is increase the quantity of spots. There is a simple and quick solution. Either lot M2 (in part), M53 (right next to police), or M52 should be designated for handicapped and a shuttle should run at 15-minute increments that drops people off at the elevator. However, I will say this. My parents parked in the handicapped lot (grass) back when they had it ... & 80% (possibly more) of those parking there were not even close to handicapped. They just borrowed stickers; this is why you have no real consideration today. Same thing with every overweight teen in America because they have grandmother's second sticker that the gov't generously provides widows with one vehicle.

Anyway, let's offer a real solution and the university will provide. The lower level of the parking deck is marked handicapped and is currently being used. This is level for walking. It is not the university's fault people abuse it. If we give part of the new M-80 tailgate lot, which is what some propose, then why did I pay $210 for my M80 pass while young miss Walmart's family enjoys the privilege for free? That is not a fair solution. If you are handicapped and wish to tailgate, then pay for it like everyone else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version