YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Handicap parking

<< < (4/6) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Joe Bernastat on September 15, 2019, 04:10:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 15, 2019, 08:59:25 AM ---Ridiculous to have that lot behind the east stands as a tailgate lot. Anything to bring in "money" for this incompetent athletic department.

--- End quote ---

Yeah,,,how awful of them to try to make “money”,,,,,foolish statement,,,,utterly foolish

--- End quote ---

My point is for another tailgate lot when there is plenty of tailgate areas available elsewhere on campus...
You can't leave a row open for handicap in that lot behind the east stands? It's not like the stadium is busting at capacity lol.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 16, 2019, 06:20:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 15, 2019, 08:59:25 AM ---Ridiculous to have that lot behind the east stands as a tailgate lot. Anything to bring in "money" for this incompetent athletic department.

--- End quote ---

Yeah,,,how awful of them to try to make “money”,,,,,foolish statement,,,,utterly foolish

--- End quote ---

My point is for another tailgate lot when there is plenty of tailgate areas available elsewhere on campus...
You can't leave a row open for handicap in that lot behind the east stands? It's not like the stadium is busting at capacity lol.

--- End quote ---
I think Chief's point is well made.  We had a good crowd Saturday and the M-70 tali gate lot has as many empty spots as the 1st row of parking behind the east stands.  This argument from the administration at YSU makes absolutely NO sense to me.  Why continue to fight when you are clearly wrong?  C'mon Man, wake up YSU! 

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 17, 2019, 09:13:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 16, 2019, 06:20:16 PM ---

--- End quote ---

[/quote

--- End quote ---
I think Chief's point is well made.  We had a good crowd Saturday and the M-70 tali gate lot has as many empty spots as the 1st row of parking behind the east stands.  This argument from the administration at YSU makes absolutely NO sense to me.  Why continue to fight when you are clearly wrong?  C'mon Man, wake up YSU!

--- End quote ---
Make no sense? That is the motto of the YSU's parking policy. Have you ever met that guy in charge of parking at ysu?
I have been on many YSU committee meetings where he participated. What came out of his mouth truly amazed me. Today, I am still puzzled by how he can manage to hold on to his job. If I taught like that in my classes, I would not even be able to finish my semester.
--- End quote ---

go guins:
Double ET,
Your response is the only one that I could understand, but obviously neither of us agree.
Taking out handicap parking in 2019 is beyond imagination.  Reminds me of a church leader I talked to one time about making his church handicap accessible, and he said there was no need, they didn't have any handicap persons attending!  I suppose if a church could be that stupid, so could a university, I just wish it wasn't mine!

HappyPenguin:
Just got an email from the school on some new policies.....

In an effort to be more accommodating to the Youngstown State University football fan base, the Athletic Department and YSU Parking Services are announcing new Gameday parking procedures to better serve handicap and seniors attending football games at Stambaugh Stadium.

"We have a great fan base, and we recognize a portion of our fans need additional assistance to get to the stadium," Ron Strollo, Executive Director of Athletics said. "Our hope is the new three-shuttle system and dedicated handicap parking lot on Rayen Avenue, near Fifth Avenue, will assist in allowing our fans to attend games more conveniently."

Starting with this Saturday's, YSU home game against Robert Morris, the University will institute the following procedures:
There will be three shuttles that will run starting 90 minutes prior to kickoff starting in the M-53 Parking Lot located on Rayen Avenue just east of Fifth Avenue. One of the shuttles will be wheelchair accessible.
The shuttle will make three stops around campus:
The northeast corner of Fifth Avenue and Lincoln Avenue.
The corner of Fifth Avenue and Armed Forces Blvd.
The M-82 Penguin Club/Taylor Automotive Tailgate Lot on the East Bound Service Road behind the east stands.
The shuttles will run until the end of the first quarter and begin again prior to the conclusion of the game to return fans to the M-53 Parking Lot. Post-game pickup for Armed Forces Blvd. will be the Northeast corner of the intersection.

The M-53 Lot on Rayen Avenue will be a dedicated Handicap lot. Parking will be $5.

Fans may also purchase individual game tailgate passes in the M-82 Penguin Club/Taylor Automotive Tailgate Lot and the M-70 Penguin Club/Hollywood Gaming Tailgate Lot – based on availability each game.

Penguin fans requiring additional information or assistance may contact the YSU Athletic Ticket Office at 330.941.1YSU (1978) or log onto YSUsports.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version