YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Howard Week

<< < (8/10) > >>

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 08, 2019, 07:33:20 PM ---
--- End quote ---

Problem with this defense is that we get burned far too often. Any Qb that can pass beyond 10-yards, blows us apart. The MVFC teams are big up front on O and not going to collapse as did Howard. Let's move some of these DL's to the other side of the ball so we give our OL some rest. Another solid game for Mays. His distance throwing with accuracy has improved this year. The QB for Howard was as accurate while running, as he was standing back in the pocket. Looked nice.
[/quote]

We must not have watched the same game. Mays didn't look good at all to me or the 4 people with me. He was way off target. Under or overthrowing so often.

penguinpower:
I agree that May's was not accurate. as a matter of fact ESPN's take on the throw to Braswell in the endzone was something like- You've got you man beat by 15 yards, what are you doing QB? Help the guy out by not overthrowing him.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on September 09, 2019, 06:36:59 AM ---I agree that May's was not accurate. as a matter of fact ESPN's take on the throw to Braswell in the endzone was something like- You've got you man beat by 15 yards, what are you doing QB? Help the guy out by not overthrowing him.

--- End quote ---

Mays does over throw. He throws the ball the same velocity (as hard as he can) no matter how far away the receiver is  ???

go guins:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on September 07, 2019, 05:44:28 PM ---Howard will put up  a lot of yards and points this year.  I think I heard the announcers say they went for over 500 yds vs Ohio last season.  Their QB would start for us.

Both lines were dominant today.  Got to clean up mistakes in the kicking game.  YSU Qb's need better accuracy.
Not dissapointed in #7 on his coverage.  That might be the best WR he'll play against in his career.  That guy was big and athletic.

--- End quote ---
Their QB would start for a BUNCH of teams!  He's good, rest of team is terrible, but he makes up for a bunch!

go guins:
I don't think Mays had one ball on target.  On the INT, he had his man open for a touchdown, threw the ball behind him, got it tipped up for the INT.  On target, it was 6 (MAYBE 7, but that's another issue) 
In addition, one of my Mays complaints has always been, he's a running QB that isn't that good of a runner.  I was impressed with Craycraft's running ability.  He is at least as good as Nate, who is slow.  Howard's run defense (I'm not sure run defense and Howard should be used in the same sentence!) is MUCH worse than we'll see in the MVFC and they held Mays to 4.3 YPC.  Sounds OK, but the team averaged 11.6!!   We have 2 games to get ready and time Craycraft should get the start.  We keep Waid on the bench every game we can and hope we save the redshirt, but time to move on from Mays.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version