YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Howard Week

<< < (6/10) > >>

YSU1:
what was the attendance

Kandrase:
Anyone else watch the post game press conference? Bo was very upset...

dwj:
Eventually someone, probably in our league, is going to contain our run game.  When that happens we do not have the OB talent to take charge.  Both our current QBs are below average for our level.  What is up with Waid?  This kid put up supper human numbers in high school but cannot start ahead of our current QBs?  When he came in early I thought that the starting job was his to loose.  Apparently he lost it. 

Wick250:
dwj,

The worst thing that we could do is play Waid before he is ready.  Any quarterback coming out of high school faces a daunting task while adjusting to the speed of the college game.  Waid's problem is compounded by the fact that he played against very weak competition and his numbers really don't mean much.  Redshirt the kid and we might eventually get four years of outstanding qb play.  Panic and force-feed him and we might ruin him.

ucfpengbuck:
We should play Waid.  I thought you were allowed to play a frosh in 4 games and they will not lose their redshirt status. 

If we're blowing out the next two opponents and he doesn't play that would say to me that coach wants to give Craycraft as many reps as possible and Waid isn't ready.  I thought he would get som reps in the 4th against Howard.

Wade put up incredible numbers at Girard and seems to have all the measurements you want in a QB but on the other hand he was committed to Fordham before YSU .  Not sure he was highly recruited despite what he did in the valley.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version