YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

"Jambar" question: the tool, not the newspaper

(1/2) > >>

Wick250:
I am all for the hardhat and the sledgehammer if it improves team cohesion and morale.  But has anybody actually seen a real jambar.  I can't find a picture.  I know it was a steel mill tool and used to pry components that were stuck.  If it turns out that the jambar looked vicious and menacing, would that not make a perfect item for this team-building exercise?  Unique with deep meaning to this former steel community.  Better than the generic sledgehammer that many colleges use.  We could probably make one via additive manufacturing.

Of course, if the jambar was small and anything but vicious in appearance, this would be stupid idea.

go guins:
and I thought it was just the name of the school paper like "tribune"!

IAA Fan:
I never figured it out myself. Will need to research. I know that we used to call it a "Johnny Bar" and it is used for the bolts on a toilet that secure it to the floor. Also it is Spanish for consume or some type of consumption. I just figured that they mean it was food for your mind and never understood the Spanish. Always read the paper. Before and after college.

Wick250:
IAA Fan,

I saw that there is a small toilet wrench called a jam-bar, but that has nothing to do with the tool that they used in the steel mills.  This was some type of large pry bar, and the school newspaper was named after this thing.  I have had no luck finding a picture of it.

jimmiejames:
I often thought the “J” in Jambar resembled the tool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version