YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The MVFC maybe dead?!

<< < (3/4) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on September 03, 2019, 10:36:36 AM ---Butler wanted it more than YSU. Face it YSU last year was heartless and did not perform well. I believe bringing in the ND QB for one year was not good and was a bad thing for the total team.

From what I seen in just one game this is a YSU team that has more heart and with the culture change (the sledged hammer and helmet thing) I believe we will see a more spirited team. Hell, I've went to YSU game in the last 10 years where I thought I was at a wake not a football game, coming from both the team and the fans.

Yes Go time will tell and the MVFC will be a challenge. Nice to have the two big Dakota schools at home. UNI will be out for revenge. The Dukes will bring their "A" game so YSU better not be sleeping here.

I'm more interested this year in YSU football than the last 10.

--- End quote ---
Wish I shared your enthusiasm for this season.  I see us critically hanging on by the health of one player only in several different areas.  If we lose Zaire Jones the DB goes completely in the dumper.  We lose Matt Jones and the OL is crap, we lose Justus Reed and the DL is done.  Front line players are pretty much OK, but we have -0- depth and I afraid 8 MVFC games is going to expose that.  Frankly I'd rather play AT ND and SD for the State U teams.  We go 4-0 pre-league, lose to NDSU and SDSU up there and we would need to go 4-2 with 4 of those being home to make the playoffs.  NOW we lose to NDSU and SDUS and we have to go 4-2 with 4 of the games on the road. We have such a good track record inside the UNIDOME (NOT) and need something in S Ill, SD or Ill St.  this is a TOUGH schedule and we NEED every player healthy.  Tall task.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 03, 2019, 11:45:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on September 03, 2019, 10:36:36 AM ---Butler wanted it more than YSU. Face it YSU last year was heartless and did not perform well. I believe bringing in the ND QB for one year was not good and was a bad thing for the total team.

From what I seen in just one game this is a YSU team that has more heart and with the culture change (the sledged hammer and helmet thing) I believe we will see a more spirited team. Hell, I've went to YSU game in the last 10 years where I thought I was at a wake not a football game, coming from both the team and the fans.

Yes Go time will tell and the MVFC will be a challenge. Nice to have the two big Dakota schools at home. UNI will be out for revenge. The Dukes will bring their "A" game so YSU better not be sleeping here.

I'm more interested this year in YSU football than the last 10.

--- End quote ---
Wish I shared your enthusiasm for this season.  I see us critically hanging on by the health of one player only in several different areas.  If we lose Zaire Jones the DB goes completely in the dumper.  We lose Matt Jones and the OL is crap, we lose Justus Reed and the DL is done.  Front line players are pretty much OK, but we have -0- depth and I afraid 8 MVFC games is going to expose that.  Frankly I'd rather play AT ND and SD for the State U teams.  We go 4-0 pre-league, lose to NDSU and SDSU up there and we would need to go 4-2 with 4 of those being home to make the playoffs.  NOW we lose to NDSU and SDUS and we have to go 4-2 with 4 of the games on the road. We have such a good track record inside the UNIDOME (NOT) and need something in S Ill, SD or Ill St.  this is a TOUGH schedule and we NEED every player healthy.  Tall task.

--- End quote ---

Of course every starter staying healthy is better. Why I feel so good about this team is there is depth and the attitudes are now the next man up not oh sh** what do we do!

The power of positive thinking my friend!

go guins:
If you see depth in behind Zaire, Matt and Justus, you're one up on me.  We had 3 interceptions last YEAR and Jones was responsible for 3 against Samford.  Last year we averaged less than 1-1/2 sacks a game, Reed has 2-1/2 against Samford.  The improvement at center is less dramatic at center because our center last year was a 4 year starter and our best player, but Jones centered a run game that rushed 59 times for 317 yards.  You see "next man up" adequate backups and I see HUGE holes if any of them go down.  Hope your right, but "fan" is short for fanatic and IMO your optimism lacks honest realism.

ysubigred:
Dayton  ;D

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on September 07, 2019, 04:55:19 PM ---Dayton  ;D

--- End quote ---

Yea what a difference a week made for ISU Blue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version