YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Samford Game

<< < (2/7) > >>

Kandrase:
The importance of this game can not be overstated. A win sets us up to go 4-0 headed into conference play. Hero sports preview of YSU made a great point that If we go 4-0 to start we only have to go 4-4 in conference to make the playoffs. Big game on national TV, really need to set the tone for the season... go Guins!

Wick250:
I listened to, or tried to listen to, Pelini's interview this evening.  Radio station 1390 made a mess out of it.  Sound kept going on and off repeatedly for the whole hour.  Anyway here is what could be dug out from the audible portion.

No decision yet between Mays and Craycraft.  Also, Waid will play early in the season as there are special packages in the offense designed for him.  Pelini is well aware of the 4 game limit for redshirting freshmen.

Pelini is very happy with the depth and talent of the defensive line.  Also satisfied with the overall defense.

No mention about the kicking game, at least in the parts of the hour that somebody could hear.

Offensive line coach Peterson also interviewed, but that was the portion where the sound was really messed up.  He did mention the usual platitudes about his players reflecting the work ethic of Y-town.

ytownchief22:
If I had to guess, Mays will be the guy to start.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 20, 2019, 11:48:09 AM ---If I had to guess, Mays will be the guy to start.

--- End quote ---
It is hard to believe that we have not yet announced the starters (especially QB) 3 days before the game. I was hoping the coach would  give Craycraft the chance to start.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Double ET on August 20, 2019, 12:21:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 20, 2019, 11:48:09 AM ---If I had to guess, Mays will be the guy to start.

--- End quote ---
It is hard to believe that we have not yet announced the starters (especially QB) 3 days before the game. I was hoping the coach would  give Craycraft the chance to start.

--- End quote ---

I'm not surprised. Mays is Bo's guy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version