YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Samford Game

<< < (5/7) > >>

ytownchief22:
Run the ball and play sound defense. Let the D-Line wreak havoc and I predict a YSU winner.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 22, 2019, 09:18:34 AM ---Run the ball and play sound defense. Let the D-Line wreak havoc and I predict a YSU winner.

--- End quote ---

We seem pretty inexperienced at DT. How are they looking chief?

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on August 22, 2019, 09:49:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 22, 2019, 09:18:34 AM ---Run the ball and play sound defense. Let the D-Line wreak havoc and I predict a YSU winner.

--- End quote ---

We seem pretty inexperienced at DT. How are they looking chief?

--- End quote ---

Talented but Samford OL is big and experienced. They return 4 out of 5 from last year. Gonna be a handful.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on August 21, 2019, 03:37:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: goodnews on August 20, 2019, 03:47:22 PM ---If YSU is fortunate enough to WIN and be 1-0 it doesn't guarantee 4-0.  I would be concerned about Duquesne as they seem to improve every year and always seem to add FBS transfers that contribute.

--- End quote ---

Good Post! Samford is not the most-challenging team of the first 4. They are very 1-dimensional on offense. May be the best D of the 4 though. With the loss of Hodges, they may need to run the ball.

--- End quote ---

Who is going to be more challenge? The other 3 are at home, 2 are reduced scholarship and 1 was 4-6 last year.

I just remembered Duquesne won a playoff game last year. So I guess you can make an argument for them... but we usually just roll Duquesne at home and I just don’t think it’ll be much different this year

ytownchief22:
Samford will do what they do. Short, quick passing game with tempo. They have an experienced O-Line and some good WR's and RB. We'll see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version