YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Camp Thread

<< < (9/13) > >>

Double ET:
Go guins,

I was hoping Waid would catch fire (much like Hunter Wells in his Freshman year) and lead us to promise land. Since he has not been getting the reps with the first team, I now place my hope with Craycraft. 

YSU1:
hopefully they will run and pass for the same amount of yards,  you win with balance.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Double ET on August 12, 2019, 04:01:58 PM ---Go guins,

I was hoping Waid would catch fire (much like Hunter Wells in his Freshman year) and lead us to promise land. Since he has not been getting the reps with the first team, I now place my hope with Craycraft.

--- End quote ---
Waid is feeling a lot like a redshirt.  Look at his HS stats and his complete lack of recruiting.  Not sure what talent evaluators don't like, but the DON'T LIKE SOMETHING about Mark Waid, and apparently Bo has questions too.
Mays will take care of Mays.  He'll crash into a LB diving for an extra yard on a 2nd and 6 and be out for at least a couple weeks.  Question is will, Craycraft seize the opportunity and will they skip the RS year for Waid and make him Joe's backup?  With our O and our OL, frankly I see the #3 QB getting at least 2 starts, so the opportunity is there for the taking IF someone is up to the task. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on August 12, 2019, 08:39:53 PM ---hopefully they will run and pass for the same amount of yards,  you win with balance.

--- End quote ---
That used to be true, but not anymore.  For instance, last year Ohio State rushed for 2679 passed for 5100
College football is spread them out and throw it around, run to keep the D somewhat honest.  Besides you have a very marginal TB in Turner.  Remember Turner was our 4th leading rusher with 183 yards the whole SEASON.  We have a suspect OL and a suspect QB handing to a suspect TB and we are hoping for what?  1300 yards and a 9-3 season?  Yeah, right.  I think the 9 and the 3 are the right numbers, question is in what order?

ytownchief22:
Bo obviously likes Mays and he says that he's comfortable with all 3 starting but you know the old saying....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version