YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Camp Thread

<< < (8/13) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on August 11, 2019, 04:09:14 PM ---I suspect that this quarterback derby is just hype fed to the media.  Coaches know who will start in Alabama.  Mays has experience in big games, and it is probably not wise to start a completely inexperienced quarterback in the opener on the road.  The game plan undoubtedly will be to run right at Samford, as teams that throw the ball all over the place usually are weak defending against the run.  That fits Mays perfectly.  Whether Mays can keep the job for the entire season is another issue.

--- End quote ---

Spot on.

go guins:
Doesn't matter who starts the season at QB.  Mays will knock himself out 1/2 way through the first game anyway.  We've seen him for 3 years now and I don't think he's made 2 games in a row yet?
There is no doubt in my mind we have much better talent on the D than the O, but you can't win in today's game with just D.  You've got to put up 28 minimum and if anybody can see this team doing that, please speak up, I'll feel a lot better than I do now!

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on August 12, 2019, 08:48:27 AM ---Doesn't matter who starts the season at QB.  Mays will knock himself out 1/2 way through the first game anyway.  We've seen him for 3 years now and I don't think he's made 2 games in a row yet?
There is no doubt in my mind we have much better talent on the D than the O, but you can't win in today's game with just D.  You've got to put up 28 minimum and if anybody can see this team doing that, please speak up, I'll feel a lot better than I do now!

--- End quote ---

O will not put up 28 points in league play unless a new QB emerging (other than Mays) or defense scoring 2 tds (or put the ball inside the two yard line) in a game.
I still think we could be capable being a .500 team if O would not turn the ball over couple of times a game, especially in our side of the field.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Double ET on August 12, 2019, 09:00:29 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on August 12, 2019, 08:48:27 AM ---Doesn't matter who starts the season at QB.  Mays will knock himself out 1/2 way through the first game anyway.  We've seen him for 3 years now and I don't think he's made 2 games in a row yet?

--- End quote ---

O will not put up 28 points in league play unless a new QB emerging (other than Mays) or defense scoring 2 tds (or put the ball inside the two yard line) in a game.
I still think we could be capable being a .500 team if O would not turn the ball over couple of times a game, especially in our side of the field.

--- End quote ---
ET, lots of "IF's" in your comments.  Do you see any of that happening?  Mays doesn't throw many INTs, since he takes a quick look 5 yards downfield, if somebody isn't wide open, he tucks and runs, but I see a lot of RB fumbles with Turner as your every down back, (we fumbled 20 times last year, forced 11) and a lot of 2nd and 12 and 3rd and 14 with this O line.  We (all of us) have focused on the HUGE question at QB, correctly so IMO, but we have made little comment about losing most of what was at best a very mediocre OL and with the exception of a "one and done" WVU transfer in, added NOTHING.  One thing about ANY defense, if it has to play 75 plays it is going to get toasted in the 2nd half.  I see a LOT of 3 and outs in our future.  I wish I could see 6-6 but Frankly I see more like 3-9 None of the QB's is as good as Montgomery, None of the RBs is as good as McCaster. None of the OL is better than the replacements with a push at center.  DL should be better, LBs a push and DB much better, but OH BOY that offense looks offensive.

goodnews:
Anything less than 7-5 with this schedule and someone needs to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version