YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Camp Thread

<< < (7/13) > >>

go guins:
After the QB questions (none of which has even a hint of an answer, despite all the wishful hopes on this thread) The return to form of Reed, Hegedus and Hawkins from injury would go a LONG way to get us to .500 
With Mays at QB Turner at TB, and Justus, Kyle, and Kierre shadows of their former selves, we look 3-9 to me. 
Being "cleared to practice" and being back to full speed, and having the confidence to plant a foot and cut full out are very different things.  The psychological recovery period us almost always longer than the physical recovery. 

ytownchief22:
Starting QB's and starting offense in general really struggled today. Mays was picked off early. Defense was on point.

IAA Fan:
Those first two drives were with the 1st-team O-line Chief. No protection what so ever. Has me very concerned. Seemed like every pass was tipped and they got to McFadden. Am I overreacting? Mays mixed it up on the 5th drive, as did Waid on the 6th. I forgot about Mitchell at LB, so that unit is looking deeper than expected.

goodnews:
The staff keeps kicking the can down the road with quarterbacks.  Unsure who to start and when.  Its been a problem for the past 4 years.  Need I bring up Hunter? Pick a QB that gives us the best chance to win today.  If its close, pick the younger QB.  This isn't a new phenomenon.

Wick250:
I suspect that this quarterback derby is just hype fed to the media.  Coaches know who will start in Alabama.  Mays has experience in big games, and it is probably not wise to start a completely inexperienced quarterback in the opener on the road.  The game plan undoubtedly will be to run right at Samford, as teams that throw the ball all over the place usually are weak defending against the run.  That fits Mays perfectly.  Whether Mays can keep the job for the entire season is another issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version