YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

QB situation

(1/4) > >>

Cimo7:
What’s the word on the QB situation or “battle”

Is it Mays’ to lose?

Will Waid see time this year? What’s it going to look like going forward?  Assume Waid is QB of the future.
Thoughts?

ytownchief22:
Craycraft and Mays will battle for the starting job. If they both falter badly, look for Waid to get a shot.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on July 25, 2019, 10:30:31 PM ---Craycraft and Mays will battle for the starting job. If they both falter badly, look for Waid to get a shot.

--- End quote ---
So what you are saying is Waid by game 3 or game 4?

Wick250:
It would be unfair if we placed unreasonable expectations on Waid early in his career.  Tom Zetts was our last local starting quarterback.  He played in the still intact and tough Steel Valley conference.  He also, I think, played against Cleveland Ignatius.  As a star against that type of competition, we had a very good feeling about his chances at YSU. 

I hope that Waid turns out to be fabulous, but keep in mind that he played against weak high school competition.  His period of adjustment is more difficult than that of Zetts, although having one session of spring ball under his belt is an enormous advantage.  The best scenario for Waid would be to redshirt.  Of course if he is already clearly superior to Mays and Craycraft, he cannot be denied his opportunity this season.

Joe Bernastat:
If Mark Waid plays this year, we are in serious trouble,,,no disrespect intended,,,as Wick250 said, its a whole different ballgame,,,I hope fans aren’t unrealistic as to his capabilities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version