YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Largest FCS stadiums-YSU makes the cut

<< < (2/4) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on July 16, 2019, 08:31:06 PM ---Interesting.  And seven of those who finished ahead of us are historically black schools that undoubtedly played "home" games off campus in large cities with significant African-American populations.  Those games are important community events in the South that date back to the brutal days of complete racial segregation.  In "on-campus" only games, we probably are still in the top ten in attendance, which might well be a reflection of the state of FCS football across the nation.

--- End quote ---

Wick, interesting point you bring up as usual

YSU1:
Minus the VINDY and lack of promotion of YSU's sports I would think our attendance will decline some more.

Wick250:
Penguinpower.

Thanks.  The simpletons almost drove me from this site, but I decided to just ignore them.  I will occasionally share information with those that have the capacity to comprehend intelligent discourse.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 17, 2019, 01:02:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on July 16, 2019, 08:31:06 PM ---Interesting.  And seven of those who finished ahead of us are historically black schools that undoubtedly played "home" games off campus in large cities with significant African-American populations.  Those games are important community events in the South that date back to the brutal days of complete racial segregation.  In "on-campus" only games, we probably are still in the top ten in attendance, which might well be a reflection of the state of FCS football across the nation.

--- End quote ---
Boy 1AA, I knew you have pretty important persons on your blog, but this almost reads like POTUS Trump is a member!  Blacks in black towns don't count when you are figuring attendance for black schools?  Maybe we should count them as 3/5ths of a white person like the US Constitution did?

--- End quote ---

Way to completely miss what he was saying there champ. Where did he remotely infer that black fans didn't or shouldn't count?

What he was actually saying was, a lot of the HBCU games are rivalry games that are held in bigger cities where they can draw upon a larger pool of fans. And he's right.

ucfpengbuck:

--- End quote ---

The Bethune Cookman vs Florida A&M game had drawn 70k plus at the Camping world stadium(citrus bowl) in Orlando.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version