YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Hero sports article -Toughest schedules FCS 2019

(1/2) > >>

YSUGO:
I think 6 Missouri Valley Conference teams were chosen..

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-toughest-schedules-bzbz

ucfpengbuck:
Western Carolina plays Alabama and NC State.    fb

IAA Fan:
I never will understand this. If you are in a "currently" tougher conference, then you will always be ranked high because you play predominantly conference teams. The fact is, many conferences are just as tough as the MVFC, to other teams in that same conference. That is really what is relevant. This is the reason we should have a play-off more similar to D-II, that takes the same positions each time ...not the same teams like we have in the FCS play-off.

If you start ignoring the current lesser conferences then these conference will never improve, which just defeats the purpose of collegiate sports.

If you take 24-teams (which I am completely against) All teams that win a conference should be in the post-season. That would be 12-teams (or 10). The remaining 12 teams should be made up of #2 teams in conferences, other half of split conferences and independents that are truly worthy. The split for the remaining 12-teams should be 3-teams from each the 4 NCAA regions.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 05, 2019, 09:46:42 AM ---I never will understand this. If you are in a "currently" tougher conference, then you will always be ranked high because you play predominantly conference teams. The fact is, many conferences are just as tough as the MVFC, to other teams in that same conference. That is really what is relevant. This is the reason we should have a play-off more similar to D-II, that takes the same positions each time ...not the same teams like we have in the FCS play-off.

If you start ignoring the current lesser conferences then these conference will never improve, which just defeats the purpose of collegiate sports.

If you take 24-teams (which I am completely against) All teams that win a conference should be in the post-season. That would be 12-teams (or 10). The remaining 12 teams should be made up of #2 teams in conferences, other half of split conferences and independents that are truly worthy. The split for the remaining 12-teams should be 3-teams from each the 4 NCAA regions.

--- End quote ---
Your formula makes nice reading, but doesn't make any sense.  You pick the best teams, regardless of region or conference.  Anything else would be a sham.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 08, 2019, 10:31:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 05, 2019, 09:46:42 AM ---I never will understand this. If you are in a "currently" tougher conference, then you will always be ranked high because you play predominantly conference teams. The fact is, many conferences are just as tough as the MVFC, to other teams in that same conference. That is really what is relevant. This is the reason we should have a play-off more similar to D-II, that takes the same positions each time ...not the same teams like we have in the FCS play-off.

--- End quote ---
Your formula makes nice reading, but doesn't make any sense.  You pick the best teams, regardless of region or conference.  Anything else would be a sham.

--- End quote ---

I agree that only the best teams should get in, no auto bids at all. Trick is how to determine the best teams in a given year without previous reputation coming into the mix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version