YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2020 Football Commits

(1/5) > >>

YSUGO:
Don’t know if anybody posted this:
https://m.irontontribune.com/2019/06/22/salyers-commits-to-youngstown-st/

Wick250:
Glad to have him.  But I am always amused by the way that small town journalists report that their local hero "got an offer" from a P5 school when in reality the major player just made contact and showed some preliminary interest.  I hate Ohio State (and everybody else that is not YSU) but there is no way this kid turned down a real offer from OSU to come here.

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on June 29, 2019, 11:37:07 PM ---Glad to have him.  But I am always amused by the way that small town journalists report that their local hero "got an offer" from a P5 school when in reality the major player just made contact and showed some preliminary interest.  I hate Ohio State (and everybody else that is not YSU) but there is no way this kid turned down a real offer from OSU to come here.

--- End quote ---

I thought the same thing .  No way he had an OSU offer.  That's some poor Journalism.   Watched his video and he looked like a Nate Mays type.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on June 30, 2019, 09:43:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on June 29, 2019, 11:37:07 PM ---Glad to have him.  But I am always amused by the way that small town journalists report that their local hero "got an offer" from a P5 school when in reality the major player just made contact and showed some preliminary interest.  I hate Ohio State (and everybody else that is not YSU) but there is no way this kid turned down a real offer from OSU to come here.

--- End quote ---

I thought the same thing .  No way he had an OSU offer.  That's some poor Journalism.   Watched his video and he looked like a Nate Mays type.
--- End quote ---

IMO, the D-1 schools might have offered him a walk on status. According to the article, YSU signed him as an athlete and I believe they will put him as DB or safety. If he is truly a Nate Mays type, there is no way they could develop him into a starting QB. That article has many questionable statements.

go guins:
OSU, seriously?  This kid couldn't possibly be recruited as a QB by YSU.  I assume we are looking at him as a safety?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version