YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Vindicator folding and YSU effect ?

<< < (6/7) > >>

guinpen:
excellent, seems like a very good solution

Joe Bernastat:
As a YSU sports fan, this is a great result,,,the Tribune always has done a much better job covering YSU sports than the Vindy.  I still can’t shake the memories of that childish Scalzo character covering them. He should have been writing for a junior high school newspaper.   For years the Vindy writers advocated for YSU being admitted to the D1 MAC,,,but our local newspaper was covering us at a D3 level,,,at best.

Contrary to the thoughts of many others, I will miss the rest of the Vindy (minus the obscenely sickening liberal slant of the editorial pages.) I enjoyed the local news coverage,,,I will not miss Berturd ,,,,at all. 

I hope this solution works for all,,,,and that we get D1 coverage of YSU sports.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Joe Bernastat on August 17, 2019, 09:41:22 PM ---As a YSU sports fan, this is a great result,,,the Tribune always has done a much better job covering YSU sports than the Vindy.  I still can’t shake the memories of that childish Scalzo character covering them. He should have been writing for a junior high school newspaper.   For years the Vindy writers advocated for YSU being admitted to the D1 MAC,,,but our local newspaper was covering us at a D3 level,,,at best.

Contrary to the thoughts of many others, I will miss the rest of the Vindy (minus the obscenely sickening liberal slant of the editorial pages.) I enjoyed the local news coverage,,,I will not miss Berturd ,,,,at all. 

I hope this solution works for all,,,,and that we get D1 coverage of YSU sports.

--- End quote ---

I always thought Scalzo did a pretty good job and liked his work. He was probably the best Vindy sports reporter in the last decade.

Wick250:
Any fan that accesses the Tribune website knows that they put the Vindicator to shame with their coverage of YSU sports.  As others have noted, this should be great news; a chance to finally get the attention that the local DI university deserves.

Regarding Scalzo, opinions about the content of his work depended entirely upon your personal preferences.  However, from a purely technical point of view, Scalzo was the most gifted writer at that paper in at least several decades.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on August 17, 2019, 11:01:10 PM ---Any fan that accesses the Tribune website knows that they put the Vindicator to shame with their coverage of YSU sports.  As others have noted, this should be great news; a chance to finally get the attention that the local DI university deserves.

Regarding Scalzo, opinions about the content of his work depended entirely upon your personal preferences.  However, from a purely technical point of view, Scalzo was the most gifted writer at that paper in at least several decades.

--- End quote ---

I agree, Scalzo was the most talented writer and I enjoyed his work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version