YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Vindicator folding and YSU effect ?

(1/7) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
I live out of state and look to the vindy & Tribune for access for YSU stories.   Will something fill the vacuum now that the Vindicator is closing ?

Double ET:
I guess the Warren Tribune will have to do for now unless somebody else buys the Vindy with a new lower cost labor contract.
Tribune could also expand into covering the Mahoning county.

Joe Bernastat:
The Trib has done a much better job than the Vindicator covering YSU sports in recent years.  In the ‘70’s and ‘80’s, the Vindicator did a phenomenal job of covering all local sports, from sandlot to college,,,it’s a shame that this had to happen, but it was inevitable. Sadly, the local newspapers are a dying breed. 

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Joe Bernastat on June 29, 2019, 04:31:19 PM ---The Trib has done a much better job than the Vindicator covering YSU sports in recent years.  In the ‘70’s and ‘80’s, the Vindicator did a phenomenal job of covering all local sports, from sandlot to college,,,it’s a shame that this had to happen, but it was inevitable. Sadly, the local newspapers are a dying breed.

--- End quote ---

This

Wick250:
This is sad and I feel bad for the people that will lose their jobs.  It will also leave a gaping hole in local news coverage.  As others have noted, it will have a minimal impact on YSU since Vindicator coverage has been so embarrassingly poor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version