YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Men's basketball recruiting ?

<< < (5/16) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on May 17, 2019, 10:55:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on May 17, 2019, 10:32:35 AM ---where is the big guy whom we need to get our inside game going?

--- End quote ---

Doubt this offense will ever really have a true inside big guy.

--- End quote ---
Our opponents will position their zone 25' out (or at least to the 3 point line).

It is amazing to me that, on May 17, we are still talking about MBB instead of football.

YsuPride:
Seems like more upside with the basketball program than the football program. Street and Smith magazine has YSU football team picked last. Yikes

Wick250:
For the last three decades, we have had one "big man" that was worth anything.  Eargle, who returned home.  Other mid-major programs can recruit a quality 6'8"' or 6'9"" post.  We can't.  Why?  Don't give me any nonsense about the campus.  It is now beautiful with quality apartment complexes going up every year.  Next year, Barnes will be able to rotate three "big girls," a 6"3"" senior, 6"4"" junior, and 6"2" freshman.  All middle class white women who seem to have no problem with our campus or living accommodations.  Yet our men's coaches can't lure a single big man here. 

ucfpengbuck:
We have three Big men.

1.Jamir Thomas 6-8 well over 250 lbs.  Look at his video he's a load.

2. Olamide  Pedersen is 6-9 and struggled as a frosh but showed potential as rim protector.

3. John Salley is 6-11.  I know he's a walk on but coach got him in the program and he gave some decent minutes last season and hopefully he'll continue to improve.

4. Coach Slocum had 6-10 Bobby Hain and 7-0 Jorden Kaufman.

I get that everyone wants a big man in the middle as do I.   Give me 5 Naz Bohannon (perimeter shooting improved) with that type of heart and you can keep all your big men.

ucfpengbuck:
John Vargo posted on twitter that Tyler Foster is eligible this season so no sitting out. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version