YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

East Stands

<< < (2/14) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on March 21, 2019, 12:01:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 21, 2019, 11:51:30 AM ---Everything is on schedule and will be done by football season.

--- End quote ---
Giving us another couple thousand additional empty seats?  Great. 
With diminishing interest, I assume we have diminished interest in TV coverage this fall, which was the catalyst to start this project in the first place?  Now, instead the slum broadcast booth that reminded me of a hunting blind from a swamp at Mosquito Lake sitting empty on fall Saturday afternoons, we'll have classy new state of the art broadcast facility.............sitting empty on fall Saturday afternoons!

--- End quote ---

They're moving TV, radio for home and away teams all over there. Hardly going to be empty. Will look nice when completed.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 21, 2019, 12:08:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on March 21, 2019, 12:01:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 21, 2019, 11:51:30 AM ---Everything is on schedule and will be done by football season.

--- End quote ---
Giving us another couple thousand additional empty seats?  Great. 
With diminishing interest, I assume we have diminished interest in TV coverage this fall, which was the catalyst to start this project in the first place?  Now, instead the slum broadcast booth that reminded me of a hunting blind from a swamp at Mosquito Lake sitting empty on fall Saturday afternoons, we'll have classy new state of the art broadcast facility.............sitting empty on fall Saturday afternoons!

--- End quote ---

They're moving TV, radio for home and away teams all over there. Hardly going to be empty. Will look nice when completed.

--- End quote ---
So you are confirming we are going to have TV coverage?  Great!   I don't doubt it will "look great" but I'm more interested in it "working great" by being used for TV as was the original intended.  I don't see, hear, or read ANYTHING about any TV coverage.  I do appreciate WKBN broadcasting the game on radio, but I don't think we spent 3 million dollars to make them look directly into the sun when broadcasting did we?

The couple thousand additional empty seats will be fan seating, and they will not all be empty, but they will definitely be fans that would easily with on the west side as was the case last year.

IAA Fan:
I think that Chief is on here. There are quite a few students in the broadcasting program, with a strong association with athletics. We could have a whole new group of students in attendance. Even if we only picked up a couple of hundred, it could be another way to get student participation numbers up.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on March 21, 2019, 01:34:31 PM ---I think that Chief is on here. There are quite a few students in the broadcasting program, with a strong association with athletics. We could have a whole new group of students in attendance. Even if we only picked up a couple of hundred, it could be another way to get student participation numbers up.

--- End quote ---
So you think we are going to fill the east stands with hundreds of media broadcast students that haven't been going to games previously because they were forced to sit under the Mosquito Lake hunting blinds, but will now come to games because they are sitting in the shadow of a brand new state of the art broadcast facility? 
I'll let this go with, "I think you are pretty naive on this point".
I'd bet winning football will probably do more to fill the stands the an attachment to the broadcast facility, especially if the new facility is empty because we don't have a TV deal!
Many, if not most MVFC teams have local TV broadcasts.  Want to grow fan interest, get the fans involved.  TV can help and YSU is really dropping the ball with this.  Even if YSU supplements the broadcasts, it will help draw fans.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on March 21, 2019, 01:51:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on March 21, 2019, 01:34:31 PM ---I think that Chief is on here. There are quite a few students in the broadcasting program, with a strong association with athletics. We could have a whole new group of students in attendance. Even if we only picked up a couple of hundred, it could be another way to get student participation numbers up.

--- End quote ---
So you think we are going to fill the east stands with hundreds of media broadcast students that haven't been going to games previously because they were forced to sit under the Mosquito Lake hunting blinds, but will now come to games because they are sitting in the shadow of a brand new state of the art broadcast facility? 
I'll let this go with, "I think you are pretty naive on this point".
I'd bet winning football will probably do more to fill the stands the an attachment to the broadcast facility, especially if the new facility is empty because we don't have a TV deal!
Many, if not most MVFC teams have local TV broadcasts.  Want to grow fan interest, get the fans involved.  TV can help and YSU is really dropping the ball with this.  Even if YSU supplements the broadcasts, it will help draw fans.

--- End quote ---

Of course, but you be equally naive to think that more the 25% of the students come here for anything more than an education and will ever attend a sporting event. The school is pockets of students, if we get one pocket, they may help us get more. That is all I am saying. All of the broadcast students would not make much of a dent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version