YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

East Stands

<< < (10/14) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on June 03, 2019, 10:09:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: Joe Bernastat on June 02, 2019, 06:55:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on June 02, 2019, 05:25:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on June 02, 2019, 08:36:11 AM ---Yes they are adding loges in the spots vacated by the media. But originally they were adding loges on the east side as well.  I guess we didn’t raise enough cash

--- End quote ---

That was never the plan as far as I know.

--- End quote ---

It wasn’t. This guy is the Master of Misinformation.

--- End quote ---
If anybody has ever watched YSU football on TV, you couldn't help but notice the view from the "East" stands, It looks directly "West" (funny how that works) and directly INTO the sun each afternoon.  Terrible place for loges.  Looks like somebody got the call right on no East stands loges!  Terrible place to televise a game from also, but since we don't seem to have a TV deal, guess that point is mute.

--- End quote ---

Been on the East side since it opened, very rare that the sun was even close to being an issue. Considering that the camera will be higher than my seats therefore a better angle, I would not think that there is an issue here.

go guins:

--- Quote from: guinpen on June 03, 2019, 08:45:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on June 02, 2019, 08:36:11 AM ---Yes they are adding loges in the spots vacated by the media. But originally they were adding loges on the east side as well.  I guess we didn’t raise enough cash

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
If anybody has ever watched YSU football on TV, you couldn't help but notice the view from the "East" stands, It looks directly "West" (funny how that works) and directly INTO the sun each afternoon.  Terrible place for loges.  Looks like somebody got the call right on no East stands loges!  Terrible place to televise a game from also, but since we don't seem to have a TV deal, guess that point is mute.

--- End quote ---

Been on the East side since it opened, very rare that the sun was even close to being an issue. Considering that the camera will be higher than my seats therefore a better angle, I would not think that there is an issue here.

--- End quote ---
"Been on the East side since it opened,"  Is that the same as saying "I've never watched the game on TV?"  If you had you would have noticed the very bad glare problem and every televised afternoon game. 

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on June 04, 2019, 09:24:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on June 03, 2019, 08:45:23 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
"Been on the East side since it opened,"  Is that the same as saying "I've never watched the game on TV?"  If you had you would have noticed the very bad glare problem and every televised afternoon game.

--- End quote ---

I have watched replays of games and do not recall a very bad glare, maybe my glasses need cleaned.

ytownchief22:
Here's a cool picture from ScoutingOhio's Mark Porter of campus yesterday with a drone up in the sky. Can see where Cafaro Field is going in on the bottom left and then where the parking lot is going in next to the east stands and the new press box.

https://twitter.com/Mark__Porter/status/1138129200672645120

ytownchief22:
Another picture up close courtesy of YSU Communication.

https://twitter.com/YSUComm/status/1137726022999318533

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version