YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Transfer bug started

<< < (3/5) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
I agree that Maxwell leaving was evident.  He's 6-7 225 and liked to hoist up threes  rather than playing inside and at 24% you sort of have to scratch your head.
I never feel good about a player leaving because you never know how they could develop.  Noe Anibar as JC transfer had a miserable junior season yet was a real contributor this year and maybe Maxwell might have been that type ?    Same goes with Atiba.   Might have developed by his 3rd year.

Going to keep an eye on verbalcommits.com and see if coach can find anyone late.

YsuPride:
Two transfers in a weeks time. Never a good sign. Let's hope it stops here with transfers. We have no option but to get inside help in order to improve.

mudclods:
Not surprised about Maxwell at all.  Seemed like his size went to waste.  He seemed to just want to jack up 3's, and his playing time decreased as conference play went on. 

You hate to see Atiba Taylor go especially being just a freshman.  He seemed to have potential, and I thought maybe would get some more PT, but really never did as Quisenberry became the go to guy. 

Will be interesting to see how Cameron Kane-Johnson fits in next year. 

You have to wonder about Juniors like Hampton and Holcombe.  Hampton was very impressive in non-conference and was our best 3-point shooter, but his PT really dropped in conference play and didn't even dress for a several games.  Seemed to struggle shooting the ball as well.   

ucfpengbuck:
I wasn't going to mention any names but mudclods  brought up Holcombe who I wondered if he was likely to transfer since his playing time reduced as the season went on.  Coming out of JC he led the nation in blocks so I was excited but did not see those results.
Who Knows he could have a great season like Anibar did this year so If he's inspired and puts in the work then go out with a great senior campaign.

YsuPride:
Hampton and Holcomb transfering.   Makes 4 so far

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version