YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Athletics to Add Men's Swimming & Diving, Women's Lacrosse Teams

<< < (5/8) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytowngirl on February 27, 2019, 08:41:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: nova75 on February 27, 2019, 07:39:36 AM ---Wrestling at YSU would do well and draw crowds. The majority of schools in Ohio are playing club level lacrosse at best. Wresting here could be a legit D1 sport.

--- End quote ---

That's completely wrong.  Lacrosse is pretty big in Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati.  Of course not in Youngstown where everything is 30 years behind the times.

--- End quote ---
Let me see, where is YOUNGSTOWN State University located?  Cleveland? NO  Columbus? NO  Cincinnati? NO.  Let me look it up.......By God, it's located in YOUNGSTOWN!  Amazing.  Maybe we should have a water polo team, I hear it's really big in Southern California!  WOMEN'S lacrosse is all about Title IX with a minimum of expense.  We have a field, we need minimal new equipment, a coach and we can suit up 20 WOMEN for a NCAA sport.  We have women's NCAA bowling, a sport even Ohio State doesn't compete in because you use publicly available bowling alleys. OSU has WOMEN'S archery to get the head count up, which is more expensive for the university than bowling.  This is ALL NCAA Title IX gamesmanship.

southbeach:
It’s not POLITICAL CORRECTNESS! It’s the law!

YSUGO:
Lacrosse was a smart move it’s a legitimate growing sport.  As for why we added it Due to government or NCAA requirements are not true.  Aren’t we already at the mandated requirements? I think adding a sport is a good thing.

ytowngirl:

--- Quote from: go guins on February 27, 2019, 09:03:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: nova75 on February 27, 2019, 07:39:36 AM ---Wrestling at YSU would do well and draw crowds. The majority of schools in Ohio are playing club level lacrosse at best. Wresting here could be a legit D1 sport.

--- End quote ---

That's completely wrong.  Lacrosse is pretty big in Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati.  Of course not in Youngstown where everything is 30 years behind the times.

--- End quote ---
Let me see, where is YOUNGSTOWN State University located?  Cleveland? NO  Columbus? NO  Cincinnati? NO.  Let me look it up.......By God, it's located in YOUNGSTOWN!  Amazing.  Maybe we should have a water polo team, I hear it's really big in Southern California!  WOMEN'S lacrosse is all about Title IX with a minimum of expense.  We have a field, we need minimal new equipment, a coach and we can suit up 20 WOMEN for a NCAA sport.  We have women's NCAA bowling, a sport even Ohio State doesn't compete in because you use publicly available bowling alleys. OSU has WOMEN'S archery to get the head count up, which is more expensive for the university than bowling.  This is ALL NCAA Title IX gamesmanship.

--- End quote ---

This is why Youngstown is a sh*thole and going to get worse. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytowngirl on February 27, 2019, 01:43:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on February 27, 2019, 09:03:14 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

This is why Youngstown is a sh*thole and going to get worse.

--- End quote ---
Let me get this straight.  Youngstown is a sh**hole because we don't love women's lacrosse as much as wrestling?  Seriously?
Perhaps you should consider changing your username?  Personally if I though Youngstown was a sh**hole, I wouldn't want ytown in my username! 
Youngstown certainly has it's "issues" and I'll not document any of them here, we all know several.  However, we have historically been pretty good supporters of sporting events we enjoy.  If we don't enjoy lacrosse, then so be it, but it is NOT a blackmark on the entire community of ytown.  Rather your slam of "sh**hole" is a slam against the whole community and by definition all of us her and frankly I don't appreciate you description.
 I was raised by a loving family here, got a great education here, raised a great family of my own here, have had a pretty successful life here, and will always call the valley "home".  If you think of it as a sh**hole, then perhaps a place is what YOU make of it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version