YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

MBB this week NKU and WSU

(1/4) > >>

Penquin68:
Two very tough road games for us.  Both teams have good players and big and capable inside players, and have won a lot of conference games.  We need to somehow slow down their inside game to have a chance.  I think John Sally can hopefully be the person to do it.  He doesn't fit well with man defense and the running game, but could be effective with a zone defense in my opinion. And we need Q to continue to play as strongly as he has and the team to really work on defense.  Lets hope for good games.  Who would have thought we could win 6 straight conference games?

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 on February 19, 2019, 07:09:17 PM ---Two very tough road games for us.  Both teams have good players and big and capable inside players, and have won a lot of conference games.  We need to somehow slow down their inside game to have a chance.  I think John Sally can hopefully be the person to do it.  He doesn't fit well with man defense and the running game, but could be effective with a zone defense in my opinion. And we need Q to continue to play as strongly as he has and the team to really work on defense.  Lets hope for good games.  Who would have thought we could win 6 straight conference games?

--- End quote ---

I'll be watching although I'm not optimistic playing the two best teams in the league on the road.  I think Salley might be able to match up against the big man for WSU  since he's a big body who is mainly a low post pound it in type.  As long as John plays smart and uses his length from correct distance to avoid fouls and still alters shots.
McDonald from NKU is a tougher match up since he can step out and shoots it well from distance.  Noe might be better suited for this assignment .   Both teams have the experience factor and our young Penguins need to stay mentally tough with the home crowd getting loud every time these team have a run and the runs will come.  Playing with house money so hopefully we're loose and not feeling pressured.

mudclods:
WOW YSU is a 14.5 point underdog to NKU.  I realize they are undefeated at home & tied for first, but that seems pretty high against a team that's won 6 in a row & our worst loss in league play has been by 15 to UIC.  I really thought maybe around 9. 

ucfpengbuck:
Lose by 7 at NKU .    Quisenberry  tweaks ankle 30 seconds into the game and tried to gut it out to no avail . Hard to beat a good team at their house when they live at the foul line but they earned them.
Dead even game around the 3 minute mark and our offense had terrible execution and that's being polite.

NKU is a great team but not sure they want to see us in Indy in the Horizon tournament.  Guys played their rears off and have to bounce back with the same intensity on Saturday in Dayton.
Naz looked great attacking the basket and needs to keep that up and he'll be another threat that teams need to account for.  2 games left and the guys need to believe they can win them both.

YsuPride:
How serious is the injury quisenberry?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version