YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

MBB vs IUPUI

<< < (2/2)

ytownchief22:
Calhoun and kids have something brewing!

go guins:
I read this thread after years (decades really) of "poor YSU, nothing can be done" crap on this board.  Women's game should be great tonight, men going for 6 in a row, Track great, swimming much better than we deserve,, cripes, even women's bowling doing good!  If Bo and Carl can get that bunch playing together it could be the Golden Age of YSU athletics!

mudclods:
I was little surprised YSU was a 1.5 point underdog to a team that we seem to have their number on top of entering with 4 straight wins and playing at home.  I'm sure we'll be a few point underdog to UIC.

Quisenberry has been spectacular.  I said earlier in the year he really didn't seem like a freshman and definitely isn't playing that way now.  Sure hope we can keep him around the next 3 years.

I think we definitely got lax late in the first half and later in the 2nd allowing IUPUI to get back in the game.  Seemed like we were happy milking the clock down, but then really was struggling to get any shots off.  Felt like we were up 20+ at times, but weren't.  Obviously getting guys in foul trouble hurt.  I thought it was a pretty poorly officiated game.  The flagrant on Ola was a joke, and there were some other pretty weak calls.  It's a good thing they struggled at the line or we'd have lost. 

Hampton didn't play for the 2nd straight game and the game before that played only 5 mins and didn't score.  Anyone know what's up with him?

Hopefully Covington will be good to go Saturday. 

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: mudclods on February 15, 2019, 09:44:17 AM ---I was little surprised YSU was a 1.5 point underdog to a team that we seem to have their number on top of entering with 4 straight wins and playing at home.  I'm sure we'll be a few point underdog to UIC.

Quisenberry has been spectacular.  I said earlier in the year he really didn't seem like a freshman and definitely isn't playing that way now.  Sure hope we can keep him around the next 3 years.

I think we definitely got lax late in the first half and later in the 2nd allowing IUPUI to get back in the game.  Seemed like we were happy milking the clock down, but then really was struggling to get any shots off.  Felt like we were up 20+ at times, but weren't.  Obviously getting guys in foul trouble hurt.  I thought it was a pretty poorly officiated game.  The flagrant on Ola was a joke, and there were some other pretty weak calls.  It's a good thing they struggled at the line or we'd have lost. 

Hampton didn't play for the 2nd straight game and the game before that played only 5 mins and didn't score.  Anyone know what's up with him?

Hopefully Covington will be good to go Saturday.

--- End quote ---

Kendale was in sweats sitting way down on the end of the bench so I'm not sure. Academic maybe ? Injured ? Who knows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version