YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Steel Tire

<< < (9/10) > >>

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  1 AA, you are wrong on this.  JT got the game with his connections.  Strollo still living in 90's and stubborn.  He didn't want the game unless Akron gave us a return game, and that doesn't make any sense.  Why would any FBS team go play and FCS team on the road?

As for your comparison of Akron and Butler, that is ridiculous.   We were a 37 point favorite over non-scholarship Butler, unless things changes considerably over the next year or so, we will be the underdog at Akron.  This is not the YSU of the 90's, we were 4-7 last year.  Lost to Butler, and lost by 25 points to Indiana State.  YSU has missed the playoffs 3 of 4 years under Pelini.

This a great game for YSU.  As Chief stated, 300 K, and only a bus trip on the expense side.

IAA Fan:
It is NOT living in the 90's. Who cares about that, it is living for the future. IF we concede on this, then they will be asking again, as will Kent and all of the other MAC schools. We set the standard that we will play anyone & most importantly, will take $300k to play. That is nothing these days. The FBS norm is basically twice that. If it becomes a "trophy contest" that will make it even worse.

All of you people that get excited over Akron are the ones living in the 90's (and earlier)! To me, they are just a "basement bottom" FBS team and (I will repeat) there is no good reason to play this game and it NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN SCHEDULED WITHOUT A RETURN GAME. Anyone (I mean anyone) outside of the Valley will fall out of their chair if we lose this game. This includes members of the championship selection committee. With this staff, we cannot afford to have anymore doubts.

ysuhoops24:
You're are so clueless about everything on this board.  Seriously my 6-year-old daughter has a better grasp on the reality on sports than you. 

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: ysuhoops24 on February 18, 2019, 04:57:23 PM ---You're are so clueless about everything on this board.  Seriously my 6-year-old daughter has a better grasp on the reality on sports than you.

--- End quote ---

+1

IAA Fan:
What is the matter, cannot support your convictions so you attack the person? Without anything else behind it (like a return game or offer to join the conference); any 6-year old knows what a waste this game is. I want my money games to have power conference teams and power conference pay-checks. BTW, if you really do have a six-year-old, then chances are you do not even remember the last time we played Akron in football. If we had a P5 offer, you should wish to drop this game in a heartbeat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version