YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Steel Tire

<< < (6/10) > >>

Wick250:
In the past 25 years, Akron has never played a quality FCS opponent.  Just pieces of junk.  Their fans have absolutely no idea what a strong MVFC team would do to a second division MAC foe.  Perhaps the final Sagarin ratings from 2018 might give them some idea:

19 NDSU
 58 SDSU
127 YSU
132 Akron
157 Kent

Obviously, our job is to become one of those "strong" MVFC teams by 2020.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 14, 2019, 10:33:54 AM ---Pride & Chief, I cannot support what you are saying. First of all Akron does not even count if we win & will crush our post-season chances (and general reputation) if we lose (just like losing to Butler). Being tied with a ranked WVU at half time, or upsetting Pitt is meaningful. For any decent I-AA/FCS team ... Beating Akron is an expectation and a necessity.

Secondly, I am 100-times more excited about ANY home game, than ANY away game. Just common sense. Other reasons include UA "trashing" our program for just about the entire decade of the 90's and the players that we will lose (recruits) if we do not win. Also people being excited? The excitement will leave in an instant when they find out we get no return Right now, we hold the trophy, what if we lose it, with no chance to get it back? This is the same thing that happened with Kent. The last time we played KSU (the Schwebel's trophy) ...we lost. There has been no chance since to get the trophy back.  This game should NEVER have been agreed to w/o a return guarantee.

--- End quote ---
1AA Butler and Akron are the same?  Surely you jest?  Your bitterness of decades old grudges shades your judgement.  This is a GOOD thing for YSU and damn the return game.  OSU, WVA MSU, Kentucky Maryland don't time us a return.  Get over it! This more like an 8th home game.  It's closer for your too.

guinpen:
Sounds like a whole bunch of folks must be twitterpated with Mr Strollo, I love it.

I will stick to my principles when it comes to the zits and remain against the game.

The good news is that based on what I have been reading in this thread and scheduling threads in the past, I have no doubt that there will be better than 9000 YSU fans making the short trip to the game. Heck maybe more!

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 14, 2019, 01:32:02 PM ---I am not living in the 90's. Just the opposite.. Heck, I was severely chastised when I mentioned that I was happy when Tressel left for Columbus. I did not like his new offense. (1996)

However, Chief & Pride are talking about the excitement or "buzz" and the only people that would be excited are those people over age 45. All we are doing is making Akron feel larger than they are, at our own expense. I will never support  this game. Sure I will go, because I am a YSU fan, that is my duty.

--- End quote ---

I am 26. All my friends are young (all are under 30) and very excited

ytownchief22:
Embarrassing to call yourself a YSU fan if you think this game is a bad idea. Tressel himself is the one who made this game happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version