YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Carmon Bricillo and Justus Reed

<< < (2/5) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Double ET on February 12, 2019, 11:57:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 12, 2019, 11:22:52 AM ---1st Stoops, now Bricillo....

--- End quote ---

Could Carl replace them?

--- End quote ---

McKissic-Luke is taking over special teams for Stoops. I mean Carl has always been a defensive guy so I'm not sure. Usually you want a former O-Lineman to work with the kids up front.

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on February 12, 2019, 10:55:49 AM ---Yea the timing says everything I think that is wrong with our program.

--- End quote ---

??? What is negative in this?  The fact that we can't compete with the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots of the NFL is some how negative.  If anything I think it is a positive.  Yes losing Carmen at this date is a short term negative, but do you want coaches nobody else wants?  You have me at a complete disadvantage as I simply don't understand what you are saying at all.

YSUGO:
I could careless that he left.  I am happy for him.  But we are starting Spring practice and are we going to have a credible offensive line coach?.  Having a coach at any level of college football leaving right before Spring practice isn’t ideal.  Our offense is a BIG question mark especially with him retaining Crist and know we might get a Delisio type hire at For the line coach.

goodnews:
Maybe Muransky or Devecchio (sp?) can step in until a replacement is named.... Surely someone is  out there!

go guins:
OK people, we lost an OL coach.  This is NOT the end of the world.  If we have a concern, it should be about who, if anybody, is going to be coached?   
This is the way football goes.  Season ends.  Head Coaches get fired.  New coached are hired or promoted.  New
 HC;s hire their own assistants.  Assistants get hired and promoted.  All that happens BETWEEN the end of the season and the start of spring practice.  As long as we've had spring practices that's what's gone on.  The Browns have just hired about 12 new coaches within the last couple weeks.  That creates a bunch of openings somewhere.  NE just hired an OL guy to fill an opening.  If I recall, one of those new Browns assts, Mike Priefer, started his career at good ol' YSU as OT, TE and Special Teams coach.  Now that's about 3-4 coaches jobs.  Two points:  Bo is a dues paying member of the "good old boys network".  He'll have a list of qualified available candidates already.  2.  We have about twice the number of assistants that Tressel had in the 90's, we'll have enough experienced coaches to get started in spring ball!  Good grief we are WAY ahead of last season staff wise.  We had two brand new coordinators. They have one full year with most of there players and have returned Carl to help out to boot.  FAR ahead of LY.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version