YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Beeghly Center

<< < (2/5) > >>

ytownchief22:
Don't need a completely new arena but definitely need a renovation project. Those bleachers are the most hideous things I've ever seen. Is this a high school or a D1 gym ?????

ucfpengbuck:
Only Oakland has a smaller facility than Beeghly.   IUPUIi,UWM,and Detroit are older venues but have all been upgraded better than Beeghly.
I agree with getting rid of the bleachers for seats.  Don't want to say can't put lipstick on a pig but after seeing the Wolstein Center it's like a pro arena compared to D2 gym.

IAA Fan:
You guys have to be fair. The Convocation Center was built for the Cleveland Crunch (Force), CSU took control when the original owner wanted to build the Gund Arena. It's capacity for basketball is almost half of it's max. This is why we should not have under-built the Chevy Center when we did. In short, YSU is paying for things themselves & CSU did not. Sure they (CSU) pay for updating it, but they do not have a football stadium (like Stambaugh) to maintain either.

BTW, real YSU basketball fans might complain, but will still go to games and sit in bleachers. They are not doing it now and have not since before Tressel became AD. Attendance has been an issue long before Strollo.

mudclods:
Unless you're 5', 100 lbs, it's impossible to be comfortable in the red seats if anyone is beside you unless you have an aisle seat.

It's unbelievable to me that you can't even use a credit card to buy tickets on game day at the box office.  The Square has been out for how many years to use as an app on a phone!?  And if you call ahead to buy reserved tickets, it's like they are surprised and have no idea how to handle the task without turning into an ordeal.

ysuhoops24:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 20, 2019, 10:39:37 PM ---You guys have to be fair. The Convocation Center was built for the Cleveland Crunch (Force), CSU took control when the original owner wanted to build the Gund Arena. It's capacity for basketball is almost half of it's max. This is why we should not have under-built the Chevy Center when we did. In short, YSU is paying for things themselves & CSU did not. Sure they (CSU) pay for updating it, but they do not have a football stadium (like Stambaugh) to maintain either.

BTW, real YSU basketball fans might complain, but will still go to games and sit in bleachers. They are not doing it now and have not since before Tressel became AD. Attendance has been an issue long before Strollo.

--- End quote ---

WRONG. 

This arena was a direct result of the run Cleveland State had in the tournament with Mouse McFadden in 1986, once that run happened the wheels got put into motion for this university-owned arena.  A stupid indoor soccer team never owned this arena but was just a simple tenant of the facility.  Next you are going to tell me the Phantoms own Covelli. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version