YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Beeghly Center

(1/5) > >>

ytownchief22:
Worst gym in the league by far. Time to renovate this dump. Get rid of the 1970's bleachers. Everything should be red seats.

Roof is leaking water today delaying and possibly cancelling the women's game today.

Couple weeks ago, they had to play the entire game with a digital shot clock and game clock sitting on the scorers table because they could not get any of the scoreboards to work.

What an embarrassment to the university....

YsuPride:
New gym.  Long overdue. 

ytownchief22:
I get football runs this school and all the schools in the horizon don't play football but Strollo and JT are raising money to upgrade other facilities on campus. Time to find some donors and make some MAJOR renovations to this place. It's sad compared to anywhere else.

Wick250:
Game was just postponed until tomorrow at 1:00.  (Actually a good thing for me because I am going nowhere until my street gets plowed.) 

We have been hitting the donor class very hard for academic projects, and I doubt that a new arena is feasible at this time. But we don't really need it.  We have invested a ton of funds inside that building; now we must complete the modernization project.

Replace the roof over the basketball court.  A dome-shaped structure would not accumulate snow.
Then, as chief noted, get rid of the bleachers.  Install new theater type seats in the lower bowl.  Build
permanent seating on the decks (we don't need that space for activities anymore with the WATTS and the rec center.)

Expensive but actually "doable."

YsuPride:
Stroll get this renovated now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version