YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Carl is back

<< < (2/3) > >>

ytownchief22:
Bo's defenses are not the same without him that's for sure. Nebraska or YSU.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on January 19, 2019, 06:04:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on January 19, 2019, 02:33:12 PM ---You are correct chief. But the coach in waiting is not. Carl’s head coaching record is 7-18, and he has questionable character, is he who you would want leading this program?

--- End quote ---

They’ll be 3 years from now at the earliest who cares, Carl is a good D coordinator, this would be a great get for YSU

--- End quote ---
Amen to that.  We had a huge drop off last season, even with DE issues we should have been better.

ysuguins4:
I feel bad for Carl if he was forced out at BG, but as a YSU fan I am happy to have him back.  Him leaving and McNutt's suspension cost the Guins 2 or 3 wins.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on January 22, 2019, 12:27:59 PM ---I feel bad for Carl if he was forced out at BG, but as a YSU fan I am happy to have him back.  Him leaving and McNutt's suspension cost the Guins 2 or 3 wins.

--- End quote ---
I'm not much in the "feel bad" category.  You hitch your wagon to a HC and he gets fired, you get fired.  It's the way the game is played, but the other side of the coin is the "good ol' boy networking" and having a brother as a HC helps!  It will be great to have a DC the HC has confidence in. 

go guins:
Interesting stats
YSU Total Defense national rank
2014 (before Carl)    53rd
2015 (Carl's 1st yr)   7th
2016                       14th
2017                       20th
2018 (Carl @ BGSU) 40th

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page