YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bison's are champs

(1/2) > >>

YSU1:
Our conference keeps winning the FCS championship.

YSUGO:
Correction.  The Bison keep winning it. I was at Chueys restaurant in Ft Worth less than 50 minutes from Frisco and they were playing basketball games on TV.  So kudos to the Bison.

PENS16:
FCS football generates the most interest in its division the first week of the season when it plays FBS teams.A win or a competitive game by a FCS team against an FBS team is usually the apex of interest in our division. When CBS used to carry the FCS national championship game, it created interest among a wider audience. Whether appearing in in a lower-tier bowl at the FBS level is better than competing for a national championship at the FCS level is the question which elite FCS schools must wrestle with. But when I look at the teams that have left the FCS division the last 20 years, it appears that a lower-tier bowl appearance appeals more to most elite-FCS schools.   

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: PENS16 on January 06, 2019, 12:58:04 PM ---FCS football generates the most interest in its division the first week of the season when it plays FBS teams.A win or a competitive game by a FCS team against an FBS team is usually the apex of interest in our division. When CBS used to carry the FCS national championship game, it created interest among a wider audience. Whether appearing in in a lower-tier bowl at the FBS level is better than competing for a national championship at the FCS level is the question which elite FCS schools must wrestle with. But when I look at the teams that have left the FCS division the last 20 years, it appears that a lower-tier bowl appearance appeals more to most elite-FCS schools.

--- End quote ---

From a marketing / exposure perspective probably, but I suspect Bison fans would rather be in the title game than the garbage bowl.

guinpen:
No doubt their fans are loving it but I think that NDSU's dominance is bad for 1AA. Boring for everyone else when the same team wins so much. No Clemson out there to make it interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version