YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pelini Contract

<< < (4/6) > >>

ytownchief22:
He came for 2 reasons. He hates dealing with the media and all the scrutiny and he couldn't handle it at a big time program when he was losing big game after big game up in Nebraska where all they care about is football 24/7. He and his wife also really want their kids to have the catholic education and graduate from Mooney. Facts.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  Chief, you are correct, but he doesn't seem to be able to handle the media in Youngstown.  He blows off radio and TV shows, when players were suspended a few years ago during the playoffs, that was butchered by YSU as well.

As for doing what Tressel did, thats over!  Not going to happen again in our lifetime!   Winning 3 titles in 4 years, 4 in a decade, once in a lifetime stuff.   Playoffs every 3 of 4 years should be the goal.  With 24 teams, its not that hard.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Did Bo sign a contract yet?

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on January 14, 2019, 09:43:27 AM ---  Chief, you are correct, but he doesn't seem to be able to handle the media in Youngstown.  He blows off radio and TV shows, when players were suspended a few years ago during the playoffs, that was butchered by YSU as well.

As for doing what Tressel did, thats over!  Not going to happen again in our lifetime!   Winning 3 titles in 4 years, 4 in a decade, once in a lifetime stuff.   Playoffs every 3 of 4 years should be the goal.  With 24 teams, its not that hard.

--- End quote ---

I am not so sure. NDSU just won their 7th in less than 10-years. App State, Georgia Southern all had multiple championships, mostly back-to-back.. Johnson was hired at Navy, then Georgia Tech.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 15, 2019, 10:55:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on January 14, 2019, 09:43:27 AM ---  Chief, you are correct, but he doesn't seem to be able to handle the media in Youngstown.  He blows off radio and TV shows, when players were suspended a few years ago during the playoffs, that was butchered by YSU as well.

--- End quote ---

I am not so sure. NDSU just won their 7th in less than 10-years. App State, Georgia Southern all had multiple championships, mostly back-to-back.. Johnson was hired at Navy, then Georgia Tech.

--- End quote ---
1AA, You are obviously correct, but I read YSUFAN as thinking it wasn't possible at YSU, not 1AA in general.  I agree with you, I think it is as possible at YSU as it ever was. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version