YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pelini Contract

<< < (3/6) > >>

peteonastick:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on January 05, 2019, 09:15:26 PM ---It doesn't matter who the head coach is going forward because some of our assistants are just that bad. We lack the players offensively to have a good year in 2019..It will be ugly in conference play..Hopefully we can go 2-1 in our cupcake non conference schedule

--- End quote ---

Agreed!  Have to upgrade the assistant coaching and coordinators.  I wonder if we will have a spring game this year so we can get a look at some of the talent, especially at QB?  I am more pessimistic than optimistic at this time.

GO GUINS

YSU1:
You still have to recruit quality football players.  It does not seem like we are doing that. We could not beat a 4-7 non scholarship Butler team.
Since 2000 we have been to the play-offs only 3 times.  Why is this acceptable.
And we wasted a year on a senior transfer qb.  Why did we not try the younger kids to see what we have at quarterback.  We were losing anyway.

peteonastick:
https://www.cornnation.com/2019/1/12/18178792/bo-pelini-is-staying-at-youngstown-state-for-a-reason

The comments at the end of the article...the Nebraska fans still have hatred for him that is seething to this day. 

ytownchief22:
We all knew Bo was staying. He wants his kids to all graduate from Mooney. He will sign a 3 year deal and then leave once that contract expires.

IAA Fan:
I do not necessarily agree Chief. I think he sees what one Jim Tressel accomplished right out of YSU and hopes for a similar result. I do not think he came for any other reason. I do think he expected it a bit sooner than than it will come though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version