YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Men's BKB vs GB

(1/2) > >>

Penquin68:
I see we are a 12.5 point underdog.  Not very promising! Haven't see anything about Naz so I guess he is out.  Too bad, he was a nice young player.  In the game against Oakland a standard finish occurred.  We are ahead, have a few bad possessions with no scoring, and for sure leave a player wide open for a game loosing shot.  We have no go to player who in the clutch can take over and score. The Delaware transfer is close to that, but none of the others have the ability to make a shot when needed at the end of a game to close it out.  Hopefully one of the new guys can develop into that.  And Penderson on the inside should be much more of a force than he is.  Watching the girls play they have inside players that can score and no mater what, they get the ball inside to get open outside shots.  The men's team just doesn't do that at all successfully.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 on January 03, 2019, 04:08:19 PM ---I see we are a 12.5 point underdog.  Not very promising! Haven't see anything about Naz so I guess he is out.  Too bad, he was a nice young player.  In the game against Oakland a standard finish occurred.  We are ahead, have a few bad possessions with no scoring, and for sure leave a player wide open for a game loosing shot.  We have no go to player who in the clutch can take over and score. The Delaware transfer is close to that, but none of the others have the ability to make a shot when needed at the end of a game to close it out.  Hopefully one of the new guys can develop into that.  And Penderson on the inside should be much more of a force than he is.  Watching the girls play they have inside players that can score and no mater what, they get the ball inside to get open outside shots.  The men's team just doesn't do that at all successfully.

--- End quote ---

I don't think we have a go to guy in this squad yet. In the past, we had Perry and then Morse. Both could drive to the basket or pull up for the J.
Q probably could be our next guy when he gets more experience.

IAA Fan:
Too bad, we let this one slip away

ytownchief22:
Another choke job. Quiz fouling out was tough. This team is talented but so young and inexperienced. Next year is the year.

ucfpengbuck:
Interesting comments from the GB commentator(ex player ) how he complimented some of the young talent on the YSU roster .  He's seeing a lot of things that have been mentioned on this forum .

Very young and need to stay together.  It's about wins and losses and we need some wins but these guys are a few plays away from putting it together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version