YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU MBB vs Detriot Mercy

<< < (3/3)

ytownchief22:
This is basically year 1 for Calhoun if we're being honest. Last year was a complete wash. This year is ground zero.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: goodnews on December 28, 2018, 11:03:50 PM ---If the team doesnt find some success by the end of the year there will surely be more players leaving the program.  The style of basketball that the coach has chosen to play is tough mentally especially as the losses mount.  The coach sold this style from day 1 and the AD fell hook line and sinker. Hope it works out but im not very optimistic.

--- End quote ---

I think it's going to be crucial to have some success & not lose a bunch transferring next year. Hard to put a lot of stock in his game with basically 2 starters out & something YSU wasn't expecting. I think this group has potential if it stays together but if it not it could turn into what Slocum dealt with.

mudclods:
Listened to the post-game press conference & apparently Naz is dealing with a potentially serious health problem. He's out for Sunday & is getting further tests on Monday or Tuesday. Not good.

Morgan didn't play due to a coach's decision. Sounded practice related. Sounded like Coach isn't happy with a couple players & said they won't play.

Also Ola apparently had a good friend pass away on the court in the last couple days.

Sounds like a lot going on & probably explains what I felt like was a lack of intensity for much of the game.

goodnews:
Like i said the defections will continue.  We live in a disposable world and this coach has made it clear. His way or your gone. Trust me millennials have no problem transferring or quitting. They dont give a damn. There needs to be a balance and compromise for coaches and players.  The coach has no problem airing the dirty laundry.  Hope it doesnt back fire!

ucfpengbuck:
I was fortunate that I had to work and didn't see the game.   Not sure Detroit is a top Horizon team and for them to come into Beeghley and win by double digits is not going to get the fan base out to support this program.

We can't say that we let a couple games get away that we should of won.  I heard some say that about Central & Western Michigan and now Detroit.  Got to defend your home floor if winning on the road is few or never. 
Not sure what direction the program is heading.  Coach said that Morgan had all league potential and now he doesn't play and has been a back up to Quisenberry who as a freshmen has played well but has close to the same amount of turnovers to assists.

Bottom line is Coach Calhoun has to get this team ready to play.  Not sure the present roster stacks up to the others in the league.  Hope i'm proved wrong and beating Oakland on Sunday would help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version