YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

fcs play-offs

<< < (4/5) > >>

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 15, 2018, 04:07:28 PM ---You guys are in the LaLa land of make believe that an FCS championship run is better than moving up.  Ask Boise St how it worked for them. Other than your teams fans nobody cares about FCS football. The Bison could pull it off like Boise did.  I don’t see many of the BCS teams wanting to drop down for a championship run!  It’s about exposure not minor football championships.  As for the costs of the football program I think the students are footing most of the bill to pay for football at YSU.   If that was taken away we would be another Butler.

--- End quote ---

I don't give a sh** if other people around the country know who we are or care. I'd rather go to the playoffs than the WhoTheHellCares Bowl brought to you by Dollar Tree.

What's about exposure? Every team has their games available to everyone now......I can pick from about a hundred games every Saturday.

If you're worried about costs, ask the administrations at places like Kent and Akron if they like losing millions a year to play "big time" football. They are guaranteed to lose money every single season with ZERO chances at ever winning anything outside of a conference championship and a garbage bowl.

If you think the prospects for a fun year are better at a school like that, go watch them. Enjoy that big time atmosphere LOL.

go guins:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on December 16, 2018, 10:47:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 15, 2018, 04:07:28 PM ---You guys are in the LaLa land of make believe that an FCS championship run is better than moving up.  Ask Boise St how it worked for them. Other than your teams fans nobody cares about FCS football. The Bison could pull it off like Boise did.  I don’t see many of the BCS teams wanting to drop down for a championship run!  It’s about exposure not minor football championships.  As for the costs of the football program I think the students are footing most of the bill to pay for football at YSU.   If that was taken away we would be another Butler.

--- End quote ---

I don't give a sh** if other people around the country know who we are or care. I'd rather go to the playoffs than the WhoTheHellCares Bowl brought to you by Dollar Tree.

What's about exposure? Every team has their games available to everyone now......I can pick from about a hundred games every Saturday.

If you're worried about costs, ask the administrations at places like Kent and Akron if they like losing millions a year to play "big time" football. They are guaranteed to lose money every single season with ZERO chances at ever winning anything outside of a conference championship and a garbage bowl.

If you think the prospects for a fun year are better at a school like that, go watch them. Enjoy that big time atmosphere LOL.

--- End quote ---
I'm 100% in with HappyPenguin.  In a moment of truth, I'm sure both Kent and Akron would like to be meaningful in their programs. Honest to goodness, I did check on the  "WhoTheHellCares Bowl brought to you by Dollar Tree"  and couldn't find it on the schedule (I did see one brought to you by Dollar General instead).  I did see some games with as many fans as we had the last couple games when we were hopeless mired in the second division and terrible weather.  That second/third/even fourth tier "FBS" football is a hopeless mess for most teams and thank goodness we don't have to deal with it.

Penguin Nick:
I'll take the MAC as is over where we are.

YSU1:
from top to bottom we are in the best FCS conference in the country

Penquin68:
I have followed YSU sports for a long time.  Always thought we would get into the MAC and then have more local rivalries, closer travel, etc.  But I have given up on that thought due to the cost involved and the YSU budget situation and the local economy.  Just doesn't seem possible.  At one point thought the MAC would come down to near our level which we could afford, but it doesn't seem possible.  If we would have gotten in in 1995, not sure what would be so today.  It was close.  For me I enjoy the games we are in and accept that is where it is.  Like that girl you wanted in HS, maybe you are better off without her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version