YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Men's basketball

<< < (3/3)

Penquin68:
The continued shooting of 3's without trying to work the ball inside will kill us as it has.  Need to work for inside and outside shots, not just 3's without trying to get open shots etc. Not sure if they are coached this way or it just happens.

Double ET:
I watched on TV the half time court side interview of Huggins by the reporter asking how he plans to stop YSU making the 3s. He said that he would keep them moving. It would be difficult to shoot 3s while moving.
We were not making those 3s in the second half. It must have worked.

That reminded me of a post game interview of a D1 coach many years ago when he was asked why and how he lost the game with so many good 3 point shooters. He said "my guys thought they were a bunch of good outside shooters. Unfortunately, we play the game indoor.

Some time in the first half in the WV game, the commentators said, "YSU has already taken 29 3 points shots ...it is not even half time.. This is rediculous ....."

mudclods:
I thought we got a lot of good looks on 3's in the first half and couldn't knock them down.  I was surprised of how many uncontested 3's WVU gave up. After we got down 10 quick to WVU and settled in, you could almost make the case where we out-played them for a good stretch of the first half.  We were down 7 late in the first half despite missing a lot of open 3's.  Thought we did a nice job even of taking care of the basketball.  The 11-0 run to end the half was killer.  Huggins obviously wasn't happy in his halftime interview.  They obviously made adjustments at halftime.  After several mins in the second half, you could tell we were gassed and WVU showed their strength and the turnovers started.

We really need to establish an inside game.  Wish we could get Pederson going.  He just continues to be non-existent since the first few games.  Need that or Naz to produce more.   

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote ---We really need to establish an inside game.  Wish we could get Pederson going.  He just continues to be non-existent since the first few games.  Need that or Naz to produce more.   

--- End quote ---

100%.  No inside presence.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version