YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Per Mark Porter: YSU officially offers Girard QB Mark Waid

(1/4) > >>

ysuhoops24:
He's already committed to Fordham, does YSU have what it takes to make Mark Waid of Girard flip?  I've been hearing rumblings of mutual interest for a few months now but you never know what to believe. 

ysuguins4:
Heard a couple of those recruiting guys on the radio (maybe Ron Potesta's show) a few weeks ago, and they thought Waid was further along in his development than Jayden Cunningham was at the end of his senior year.

ytownchief22:
I'd take him in a second. From what I hear the coaches from YSU are really after him.

IAA Fan:
Not needed. Fordham? You people drive me crazy. If anyone would even mention Fordham football around here it would be in jest ...as a non/partial scholarship club. If he committed to Fordham, then he is either deeply religious, smart or special needs. It is a nationally top-50 ranked school with a strong Jesuit affiliation and history. Heck they even banned a Greek system. Some kids realize they are not going to the NFL and utilize sports to truly get more out of life ...good for him to show how smart he really is. This year a QB is not one of YSU's needs. Let's look at some Juniors.

Let me see the list of linemen and TB's we are going after.

Double ET:
We are talking recruiting of a specific player here. and how the coaches would like to have him. At this point, we don't even know who will be the HC and his staff for next year. If the current staff leaves, some (if not most) of the verbal recruits could de-commit any way.
So, first thing first, what is the latest news on HC for next year? It is hard to believe that we are going out to do effectively recruiting without being able to tell the prospective recruits if the HC/staff will even be back next year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version