YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

men's basketball

<< < (2/3) > >>

mudclods:
Gotta give Heidelberg credit.  They played hard and hit a lot of big 3's to keep them in the game.  Figured it was over when they were down 18 in the first half. 

I was glad to see Covington have a good game after really struggling the first 2.  I really like Simmons...he plays fast and has a long wing span.  Pederson continues to play well. 

It was good to see so many fast breaks and finishing.  The turnovers is a big concern every game.

Will be interesting with 3 games this weekend. 

YsuPride:
Based on what we have seen the first three games it looks like another 20 Lost season. For this program to grow we need to keep players in the offseason period lot of young Talent on the team and if the team stays together next year will make progress. We are very young. Staying together is the key. We keep turning over the program is going nowhere.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on November 14, 2018, 10:59:51 AM ---Based on what we have seen the first three games it looks like another 20 Lost season. For this program to grow we need to keep players in the offseason period lot of young Talent on the team and if the team stays together next year will make progress. We are very young. Staying together is the key. We keep turning over the program is going nowhere.

--- End quote ---

I agree...the key is keeping this unit together.  I think there's a lot of potential talent with these freshman  and you hope Naz & Covington continue to improve and if the class of Junior transfers return next year then maybe we have something. 

jbags:
That has always been the problem. Young freshman that need to grow feel that they should get way more minutes for a 20 loss team so they leave. We never see an entire class stay for 4 years. Same with 2 year JC kids. If they don't get a ton of minutes their first year they leave. Academics also enter the picture.

ytownchief22:
If this squad can stay intact next year, you'll see progress.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version