YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

men's basketball

<< < (3/3)

ucfpengbuck:
I agree with the theme of this thread that we need to maintain this roster.   I'm hoping that it will since all the players were recruited by this staff.   Coach is playing everyone so guys are getting their playing time.

I don't believe this will be 20 loss season.   we'll find out a lot with the three games in the Bronx,so I could change my mind if we go 0 for 3.

Cut down on turnovers and close out on the 3 ball are a must and over all jelling as a unit.  Not sure these guys are playing together as a team and it might take a while as both a new roster and lack of 4 year players in the program.

Excited about the 4 frosh .   Might be the best class at YSU in over a decade.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on November 14, 2018, 08:02:46 PM ---I agree with the theme of this thread that we need to maintain this roster.   I'm hoping that it will since all the players were recruited by this staff.   Coach is playing everyone so guys are getting their playing time.

I don't believe this will be 20 loss season.   we'll find out a lot with the three games in the Bronx,so I could change my mind if we go 0 for 3.

Cut down on turnovers and close out on the 3 ball are a must and over all jelling as a unit.  Not sure these guys are playing together as a team and it might take a while as both a new roster and lack of 4 year players in the program.

Excited about the 4 frosh .   Might be the best class at YSU in over a decade.

--- End quote ---

My thoughts 100%.

Unfortunately other than Coach Calhoun getting acclimated and getting a year under Covington and Naz's belt, last year was basically a throw away year

Penquin68:
I saw in the Vindicator that the Men's basketball team was stuck on a bridge in New York City for 8 hours due to the snow.  Too bad.  Energy will be difficult tonight.

It seems like we have better players and athletes compared to last year, but they are not in sync on both offense and defense.  I think we need to use the full court pressure only occasionally for this group to be able to keep the opposition from scoring so easily.  I know it is the coaches plan, but it hurts us badly when used too much. Maybe when the rotations are settled the players will be more coordinated. 

As I see it no video for the games in NYC.  Hope for a good showing.

OleYSUfan:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 on November 16, 2018, 10:58:11 AM ---I saw in the Vindicator that the Men's basketball team was stuck on a bridge in New York City for 8 hours due to the snow.  Too bad.  Energy will be difficult tonight.

It seems like we have better players and athletes compared to last year, but they are not in sync on both offense and defense.  I think we need to use the full court pressure only occasionally for this group to be able to keep the opposition from scoring so easily.  I know it is the coaches plan, but it hurts us badly when used too much. Maybe when the rotations are settled the players will be more coordinated. 

As I see it no video for the games in NYC.  Hope for a good showing.

--- End quote ---

I agree Penguin 68:

the full court pressure hurts us more than it helps. Duke uses the full-court pressure, but drops back to guard their man quickly. The YSU players are totally in disarray and totally lose their players and the opposing team gets an easy layup basket.

Penquin68:
I see we are 11.5 point underdogs to Columbia tonight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version