YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Women's BB

<< < (12/13) > >>

Wick250:
That game was a classic example of the cliche that states that good teams find a way to win.  Way too many unforced errors made this far closer than it should have been.  But chief said it best in his three word response.

Excellent crowd, especially on a Wednesday evening.

go guins:
Key play in the game was the inbound pass with 2 seconds on the 30 clock and we get a layup and 3 point FT.  They were making a run, (this was a game of runs) and that play turned the momentum.  Milwaukee was a VERY physical team, strong hands, played very tough (but clean)  Truth is, we loose this if played at their house.  Crowd was decent size and into the game.  Very enjoyable last home game for Sarah, Allison and the seniors!

ytownchief22:
Bad bad loss.... Choked the game away. Feel for the seniors especially Cash....

YSUGO:
I had the game on at work and I felt we got outcoached.  We got the lead and threw up shots with tons of time to run a play. We were in position to get the last shot but we didnt get it.  Was that the best person to shoot that? I haven’t watched enough to know.  Yes Cash missed an easy left handed layup that could have changed the outcome.  I don’t know if it’s a choke job but we had our chances.

Wick250:
I disagree that this was a bad loss.  Green Bay is so good on defense that there is pressure to execute even on otherwise easy or routine shots.  A bad loss would have been quitting and rolling over when we fell behind by a dozen in the first half.  We certainly did not do that.  Yes, we should have won this game, and the missed opportunities will haunt the players forever.  But they played very hard and I was proud of them.

We will probably make the WNIT.  Don't know if we will get a home game.  Personally, I would prefer the WBI where I know that we could win the whole thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version